Inspire Eggnog

Options
Has anyone tried the Inspire eggnog and also do you know if you can heat it?

Replies

• DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Never tried it but might now, I think most protein mixes can be warmed as long as it isn't too high of a heat. Meaning I microwave mine 20 minutes at a time and repeat as needed but only to a warm temp. I have this old recipe I thought of trying this year too, just add non-flavored protein as needed.

EGGNOG

1 cup fat-free half & half
    One 1-ounce pkg sugar-free instant vanilla pudding powder
    5 cups milk
    2 1/2 tablespoons Splenda granular
    1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 teaspoons brandy or rum extract
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk together the half & half and pudding powder until smooth - will be very thick. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in Splenda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and extracts. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with a squirt of Redi-whip and a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg. Makes 12 servings.

Per Serving: 82 Cal; 4 g Protein; 4 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 5 g Sugar; 155 mg Sodium
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @DawnCumm Thank you I will try this recipe.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Also Califia Farms has a Holiday Nog which is really good and I make my French vanilla or cinnamon roll protein shakes with it and it’s really good
  • jamielslater
    Options
    Just wanted to check back in. I got my Inspire Eggnog and I really don't care for it.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good to know.....
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I haven’t tried the eggnog, but I did just get the buttermint and holy cannoli and the rest of my 1st order from them...so glad I decided to take a chance on their proteins, I’ve finally found one I can keep down! If you order from them, they have a promo for free shipping, a free mug and also a chance to win $300 in product of your choice, not sure if you’ve seen those on the Facebook groups posts or not.. here’s a link if you’re interested ‪ http://22s.com/0230p1/ltls
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check back in. I got my Inspire Eggnog and I really don't care for it.
    I’m pretty sure it can be tempered like the Cafe Bella is with coffee, I did with the Buttermint and coffee...there’s a video on their site how to do it, very simple, and worked perfectly...let me know if you don’t find it, I’ll post a link. I’ve been watching posts on the eggnog reviews, and there’s been a lot of tips on heating it, adding some cinnamon and nutmeg and maybe some rum extract...also add more powder if it’s not strong enough flavor or less coffee, tea, water, milk..hope some of this may help
  • michellereefer
    michellereefer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the inspire egg nog. I mix with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and add a bit of nutmeg.
  • jamielslater
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the ideas. Tomorrow I am going to try mixing it with unsweetened almond milk and see how that is.