Fall 2017 - Weigh-in #13 (Final) - Sun Dec 3rd

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited December 2017 in Social Groups
THANK YOU ladies for participating in our group. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to each of you! We will be taking a break for the next 4 weeks and resuming on Tuesday, January 2, 2018!!!

*If you want to discuss anything or make any comments in the interim, please feel free to do so*

Week 13:

Starting weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:
Weigh-in #6:
Weigh-in #7:
Weigh-in #8:
Weigh-in #9:
Weigh-in #10:
Weigh-in #11:
Weigh-in #12:
Weigh-in #13:
Total loss:

What is something new you learned about yourself over the 13 weeks?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 13:

Starting weight: 135.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #1:
    Weigh-in #2:
    Weigh-in #3:
    Weigh-in #4: 140.4 lbs
    Weigh-in #5:
    Weigh-in #6: 136.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #7:
    Weigh-in #8: 135.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #9:
    Weigh-in #10: 136.9 lbs
    Weigh-in #11:
    Weigh-in #12:
    Weigh-in #13: 137.0 (Dec 1st)
    Total loss: I didn’t lose any weight this go round. I actually gained a little over a pound. It’s from over eating.

I have learned that I constantly compare myself to others....my body, my face, my personality, my degrees, my lifestyle. It’s been so long since I’ve told myself I AM OKAY....M E , just the way I am. I turned 35 on Thanksgiving Day and it dawned on me that I am enough and that things don’t always go as they are planned and that’s okay. I just have to get up and keep going and keep my head in the game. That goes for fitness as well as personal matters. The moment I give up is the moment I tell myself I don’t matter. And I know I do.

Side note: I did Orange Theory today and burned 620 calories in one hour. It was awesome and I LOVED it!!!

It’s been a pleasure chatting with you all. Yay! We made it!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 114.4 at end of August
    Weigh-in #1: 114.0; trending 114.2
    Weigh-in #2: 113.2; trending 113.7
    Weigh-in #3: 114.2; trending 113.6
    Weigh-in #4: 112.4; trending 113.3
    Weigh-in #5: 112.0; trending 113.0
    Weigh-in #6: 112.6; trending 112.6
    Weigh-in #7: 111.6; trending 111.9
    Weigh-in #8: 110.6; trending 111.6
    Weigh-in #9: 111.2; trending 111.4
    Weigh-in #10: 110.2; trending 110.6
    Weigh-in #11: 110.0; trending 110.1
    **switched to maintenance**
    Weigh-in #12: 111.2; trending 110.4
    Weigh-in #13: 110.4; trending 110.4

This challenge was awesome because I hit goal and switched to maintenance, so now I’m just learning how to navigate maintenance. My focus is going to be more on fitness from now on as well - hopefully my doctor will clear me to start lifting again soon. Until then, I guess I’ll zone in on abs & booty!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 187
    1# week: 184.8
    8# week: 184.4
    #13 week: 187.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177

Whelp, didn't hit my goal weight as I wanted. Gained about 6 oz more than when I started. I was glad I got down in the lower 180s.

I learned again this has to do with my eating. And lately, that even if I don't want/crave sugar, that I end up eating it anyway because of boredom, etc. I've also fallen out of my food tracking and meditation practice which helped me before.

I did start weight training which I've been really happy about and finally have been able to do my first ever pull up, even if assisted so I'm happy about that. I feel stronger, but not as healthy as I want to and that's something to keep me aware when eating.

I've changed up my breakfast options so I'm not gearing towards my old usuals, cereal, oatmeal, etc. but now eating dinner leftovers, salad, etc.

Anyway, thank you for running this. Change is hard but I just need to keep going.

• mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 235
    Weigh-in #1: 233.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.2
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 232.6
    Weigh-in #5: 231.2
    Weigh-in #6: 233.6
    Weigh-in #7: 231.8
    Weigh-in #8: 230.2
    Weigh-in #9: 228.6
    Weigh-in #10: 226.8
    Weigh-in #11: 224.0
    Weigh-in #12: 225.0
    Weigh-in #13: 224.4
    Loss this week: -.6

Why were you successful/unsuccessful last week? Did you stick to your goals?
    I decided last week that my goal is to maintain through the end of the year. Thanksgiving threw me off and with holiday parties, baking, vacation, etc I want to be able to enjoy everything and not stress out so much. Hopefully I'll lose a few pounds as a bonus but my goal is to just not gain anything. A lot of my clothes are getting pretty big and I'm able to fit into all of my "skinny" clothes that I've saved over the years, so I'm pretty happy with where I am currently. Stress = eating for me so if I can relax about weight loss for a few weeks maybe that will result in some actual weight loss, funny how that works!

I learned that I've made enough new habits to get me through the holidays. Over the weekend I made a bunch of Christmas cookies to send my brother who is stationed overseas, and of course I had to taste test them, but I had my husband take the leftovers to his work. Last year I would have totally kept the leftovers and then some. I've learned that it takes WAY less food to statisfy me than I thought, even just a few months ago, and I've realized lately that just a few bites of a treat is usually all I need.

Happy holidays to everyone! See you in 4 weeks!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Weigh In #10: 164
    Weigh In #11: 165
    Weigh In #12: No weigh In
    Weigh In #13: 165

I'm working my tail off in my workouts so I'm not concerned about hovering at the 165 mark. My measurements are showing my improvement instead of the scale.

What is something new you learned about yourself over the 13 weeks?. We had a lot of obstacles in our lives over the 13 weeks and I found that I'm stronger than I give myself credit. We're still dealing with some family things with our kids (grown adults lol) but I have faith that they'll work out the way they're supposed to.

Looking forward to working with you all again in the upcoming weeks.

Shelly
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Weigh In #10: 164
    Weigh In #11: 165
    Weigh In #12: No weigh In
    Weigh In #13: 165

I'm working my tail off in my workouts so I'm not concerned about hovering at the 165 mark. My measurements are showing my improvement instead of the scale.

What is something new you learned about yourself over the 13 weeks?. We had a lot of obstacles in our lives over the 13 weeks and I found that I'm stronger than I give myself credit. We're still dealing with some family things with our kids (grown adults lol) but I have faith that they'll work out the way they're supposed to.

Looking forward to working with you all again in the upcoming weeks.

Shelly

I love that you found your inner strength. Keep your faith. It’ll take you to good places.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nicole 5'6"
    HW: 142
    Weigh-in #1: 134
    Weigh-in #2: 134
    Weigh-in #3: 133
    Weigh-in #4: 133
    Weigh-in #5: 133.6
    Weigh-in #6: 132.9
    Weigh-in #7: 133.1
    Weigh-in #8: 132.4
    Weigh-in #9: 133.9
    Weigh-in #10: 132
    Weigh-in #11: 131.4
    Weigh-in #12: 131.6
    Weigh-in #13: 131.4

I've been hovering around 132. I'm pretty pleased to have lost a little through Part 1 of the holiday season. I haven't been really serious about my deficit since Thanksgiving, but it fits into my plan to move this slowly and strength train as I go for body comp change.

What did I learn? That I can't obsess over food; overthinking things kills. That I must stay out of the kitchen several nights a week by cooking in bulk when I can. That I have a mental block around losing weight in the fall and winter, and it's really holding me back, so I want to change this mentality.

This has been a great group and I hope you guys will post here and there until another challenge starts up!

• for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing this group! I look for to the new year to continue to move forward towards my own goals. Everyone has done so well, and it is a great supportive group. Wishing everyone health and happiness over the festive season x
This discussion has been closed.