Keto Re-start and New to MFP

Options
Hi, I “fell off the Keto wagon” back in June and I’m doing a reboot to get started. Looking for Keto buddies for support, ideas and accountability. I am 52 and have issues with my knees, do I keep it low impact for workouts. Excited to join LA Fitness and I can swim all winter! Anyway, please friend me if you’re looking for the same Keto connection!

Replies

• Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting back into it!
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I fell off last summer too. I did it for 3 months and lost 15 lbs. Then I got sick and fell off the wagon. I decided to try to do portion control afterwards. Here we are in December and I have gained most of the weight back and feel terrible. As soon as I started Keto again I felt sooo much better! I previously had success on Atkins before I had my kids. Since then, I have just lost and gained the same weight on WW.
    I will friend you!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hi, I “fell off the Keto wagon” back in June and I’m doing a reboot to get started. Looking for Keto buddies for support, ideas and accountability. I am 52 and have issues with my knees, do I keep it low impact for workouts. Excited to join LA Fitness and I can swim all winter! Anyway, please friend me if you’re looking for the same Keto connection!

Feel free to join the December Challenge if you'd like to weigh in regularly. It's in the 'stickies' above the general discussions. We usually weigh on a Sunday or there about! We've been doing a monthly Challenge for a few months now and it's very friendly and supportive. Good luck!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 been in keto 5 months down 39lbs have 39lbs to goal I've lost 40 inches and I'm 58 with bad knee and unfit body
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I switched from paleo to keto a little more than two months ago and love this woe. It wasn't until I stopped using the scale to measure my progress that things turned around for me. In the past, when the numbers didn't reflect the hard work I was doing, I'd throw my hands up in the air and 'say forget it, it's not working'. I know, ridiculous, but I'm an instant gratification kind of gal. Now that my focus is on overall health .. feeding my body what it needs and working out for strength and endurance, the results are amazing! Being part of the MFP keto community has been a huge help. Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Also restarting to relose about 20 pounds.
    Keto rocks when I get my ducks in a row and do it.
    I'm hoping this is the time it all clicks. Would love to fit in my 2 sizes smaller clothes....which are way cuter than what I'm fitting in now.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto primarily for migraine control, but also trying to gain a bit of muscle and shed a bit of fluff at the same time.
  • AngePher
    AngePher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me, also looking for keto buddies and friends for support and accountability. The longest i did it for was a week and i felt amazing. Starting today again.
  • Pandabearvt
    Pandabearvt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just starting Keto but been on MFP forever it seems. Have been slowly making steps but fell off the wagon was one thing but when that damn horse trotted over me I was like damn! My husband and I are doing this weight journey together which is great as we can struggle and support each other. More friends would be nice as I struggle right now with food choices.
  • ThatNerdyGrl
    ThatNerdyGrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Back to keto without really realizing it, after almost a year off. I have a lot to lose, so I will be here a while. Feel free to add me! Also on IG with food pics and sometimes other random stuff (including new puppy!)