3 weeks clear liquids

Options
DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
Just home from the hospital late yesterday. Since this was a revision they advised I need to stay on clear liquids for 3 weeks. This is going to be tough. Any advice is welcome. I have protein drinks of course and broth, broth, and more broth. Not a fan of jello but may be forced to get some down me over the next 3 weeks. How did you make through the clear liquid phase?

Replies

• Time4Nana
    Time4Nana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did 2 weeks of liquids drinking different flavors of protein shakes, soup broths and sugar free popsicles. I never really was hungry those first few weeks only thirsty so plenty of water. It sounds hard but you will do fine.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Thanks....got plenty of protein shakes and I think I will be fine as you were. First couple days are tough. : )
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Isopure Zero carb drinks, Unjury chocolate drinks, and lots of surgar-free popsicles. Also, I would get Chick Fil A chicken noodle soup and just eat the broth (lots of flavor!) Good luck!!
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Thanks guys, one week down and only two to go.... Pretty sure I can make it. : )
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had an extended period of clear liquids post surgery because my surgeon was on vacation and my post op visit was postponed. I couldn't have protein drinks besides Isopure. I would have to have a sip of isopure, a sip of broth, because the sweetness of the Isopure made me crazy lol. Also, I drank lots and lots of water, and the sugar free popsicles helped. I cannot stand Jello so I didn't even consider that lol.
  • sassysuziq42
    sassysuziq42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am still on liquids as well. My surgery was a revision and when my surgeon got in there he saw that my original surgery had decreased the blood flow to a portion of my stomach. For that reason, he wants me to progress really slowly. Clear liquids the first week then full liquids for the next 2 weeks. I MAY get to start pureed food this Friday. I hate jello, so I have just been having broth and protein shakes made with cashew milk. It is getting really boring but I have lost 21 pounds so far so I guess I can hang with it. Good luck to you!!
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Me too, seeing the doctor this afternoon and hoping to evolve out of clear liquids. Best of luck!