Question for the ladies!

Options
I've been doing Keto for about two weeks now. Already lost 13lbs and feeling better all together. On Sunday, I started my cycle and told myself not to, but did my weekly weigh-in on Monday. I gained 2lbs. I know that bloating is part of it, but have any of you noticed a weight gain on your cycle or a stall in weight loss? I feel like I should be continuing to lose weight since I'm still in the beginning stages of weight loss with keto.

Replies

• SarasKeto4Life
    SarasKeto4Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I stalled on weight loss for just that one week.
  • kaiaasha
    kaiaasha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I've already lost the added weight which I believe was mainly water weight as I didn't realize I wasn't consuming enough based on what Keto suggests.
  • Indy408
    Indy408 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just happened to me a few days ago! I was confused but then my period came early, despite being on the pill. The weight dropped immediately, thankfully.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Definite weight gain and stalling during my cycle. Been doing this for 3 months and every time. I try not to weigh if I can avoid it during that time (a few days before and after too)
  • CQuarantine
    CQuarantine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this. I retain a lot of water when I'm on my cycle and also my boobs swell up. So I wouldn't be surprised that you are 'gaining' more weight. Just give it another week and you should be right back down.
  • Robica1985
    Robica1985 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's also important to look at your weight loss as a whole. If over the course of a couple weeks you "gain" 2 pounds, but lose 4, that's still a net loss of 2 pounds. There are so many different factors that can contribute to weight gain (stress, water retention, etc.) that looking at it on a singular day or even week basis isn't usually as accurate as we would like.
    To answer your question though, I also stall or gain during that time, so I don't think it's too uncommon. Just remember to KCKO! :smile:
  • syi510
    syi510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been doing keto for 4 weeks now and am on the pill. My cycle started two weeks early. During this early period I did notiçe a fluctuation in weight about 1-2 pounds. After a couple of days it dropped. I haven't really lost any more weight but I also have not gained either.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My period finished a week ago. I sat at 90.3 the whole time - but now I'm 91.5. I don't get it. Didn't eat anything different (and I've been doing this 4 years, I'm pretty good with how certain foods affect me). How did I gain 1.2kg overnight? I always weigh naked first thing in the morning after using the bathroom so it's not heavy shoes. Scales must be broken.
  • Umm_Leila
    Umm_Leila Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kaiaasha wrote: »
    I've been doing Keto for about two weeks now. Already lost 13lbs and feeling better all together. On Sunday, I started my cycle and told myself not to, but did my weekly weigh-in on Monday. I gained 2lbs. I know that bloating is part of it, but have any of you noticed a weight gain on your cycle or a stall in weight loss? I feel like I should be continuing to lose weight since I'm still in the beginning stages of weight loss with keto.

I always gain 8-10lbs of bloating and water weight on my period.

It takes a few days for it to go away, but afterwards it seems to continue with weight loss.

I do my best to stick to keto during my period especially, because the cravings to take me down they are so strong.