Introduce yourself

Options
Hi. Happy to be part of this group. I’m planning on starting January 3. Kick off the New Year and New Life at the same time.

Replies

• FirstLadyHK
    FirstLadyHK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I plan to start Jan 1.. I am brand new to this diet plan
  • rnner9915
    rnner9915 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Tammi. I’m excited to commit to this and learns new WOE (way of eating) to last a lifetime. Tired of being tired...and chubby!
  • Ian_thompson
    Ian_thompson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been keto ‘sort of’ for a few months. Stick to it when I remember, but going 100% in jan 1st,
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    New to keto (started yesterday with my husband). I'm hoping it will help with weight loss and a recent diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis. I'm specifically interested in how this diet will impact me long term, impact breastfeeding, and impact my child if he were to be eating as we do. Funny that this group was just created right now as I came back to myfitnesspal after a year of absence. Hello everyone!
  • beasleycarol
    beasleycarol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also plan to start ~January 1st. I am new to keto so any help appreciated
  • jenniferkettlehut
    Options
    I'm new to this woe..excited to get started!! Glad to be in here with others who are ready as well!
  • funkyb
    funkyb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking forward to being part of this group and helping each other. I know I need all the help I can get
  • rjones76
    rjones76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to what 2018 has in store and I can't wait to start Jan 1
  • magic_wanda
    magic_wanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I’m so glad there is a Newbie Keto group on MFP. I want to start Keto now, and learn how to apply this WOE correctly. I have read the science behind it, and I am convinced this is what will work for my body. I just need help with menu plans and recipes which I can’t find readily on line. I have hypothyroidism and need help with metabolizing body fat. My goal is to loose 50 lbs this year.

I got a FitBit for Christmas, and I have linked it to MFP. I’m so excited to begin this group with all of you.
  • lindgrenlori88
    lindgrenlori88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m a newbie as well. I’m not sure how to set my nutrients so I’m getting the right amount of net carbs. I have 75 lbs to lose
  • anital74
    anital74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, new to keto... been doing my research and am ready to get started. 2018 bring it on!
  • LAVIDA_LOWCARB
    LAVIDA_LOWCARB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am planning to dive back into Keto on January 1st. I have done it before and lost around 40 pounds. I'm back up about 25 and seriously tired of being a sugar addict. The first couple of weeks were rough for me last time, but at least I know what to expect. Let's do this friends!
  • clwag
    clwag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I plan on starting the Keto life style on Jan. 1 too. I hope to lose 50 pounds, gain some energy back, and start living healthy. Best wishes to all.

Crystal
  • vickiljames
    vickiljames Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a new keto devotee from Australia.Looking for someone else to share experiences with and provide motivation and encouragement.
  • FirstLadyHK
    FirstLadyHK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m a newbie as well. I’m not sure how to set my nutrients so I’m getting the right amount of net carbs. I have 75 lbs to lose

Look here if you are not on this group yet, They have a great calculator.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ketofitlife/
  • KristiGetsFit6
    KristiGetsFit6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I have been doing Keto with my husband for a little over 2 weeks now. He’s lost a lot of weight and I have lost 9lbs and have had a little bit of a plateau. Hoping that this group can help me stay on track and keep it up.

❤️ Kristi
  • excitedinbillings
    Options
    Hi All

I'm fairly new to Keto. I have been using some of the recipes sporadically but am committed to getting serious about this starting today. I've enjoyed the recipes I've found on the I Breathe I'm Hungry website so that will be my "go to" site for the time being. I have over 50 pounds to lose and it would be nice to go through this journey with others. Keto flu here I come. :smiley:
  • Tiglee245
    Tiglee245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone:
    I plan on starting on January 2nd, super new just started researching today. I've been a yo yo dieter my entire life and I really want to do this and keep it off :) I have about 100 pounds to lose...am excited to get started on the 2nd.

• seminolefan27
    seminolefan27 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hey there. I’ve been on keto for a couple months. Intentionally fell off the wagon to enjoy Christmas for 6 days and now trying to get back in to my groove. I only lost 6lbs but measured ketones daily and was always between 1.5-4.5 ( depending on the time of day). Felt great and adapted quickly. Looking for support from people who don’t knock this WOE and believe fat is our friend. :D
    About me....I’m 5’9 and would like to get back down to my triathlon weight (need to lose approx 30lbs). I do Orange Theory a few times a week, as well as Club Pilates.
  • amylynnmoats
    amylynnmoats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am excited to join this and learn the woe .... I am gradually working my way into it. Ibam 5'1" and cw of 225 ...