December 30 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Here is who is on the preliminary list for the December, 2017 Winner's Circle. If you are a qualifier, and you are not on the list, please send me a private message!
    Qualifiers are:
    @craigo3154
    @oykucan
    @w8goal4life
    @cardio_enthusiast
    @glimjy
    @RangerRickL
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    irsw78y1l85m.jpg
    The UAC has been in existence for at least 3 years. We have always used calories as our unit of measurement for the daily report. We will continue to use calories as a unit of measurement for the daily report, and we are going to add a new concept for those for whom it is important. @deedeetris has joined the January UAC. She sent me a private email and nicely asked if it would be ok to use WW points for her tracking. It had never occurred to me to consider that idea. Which is interesting, in that 20 years ago, I went to Weight Watchers and had a great experience and lost 20 lbs which I have never gained back.
    For those who want to report their own progress using points instead of calories are ok by me.
    Just wanted to give you a head's up before January.
    One more time, if you have not already done so, please reach out to your friends and encourage them to join you in the January UAC at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124052-ultimate-accountability-challenge-january-2018
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations to those in the Circle. Look forward to joining you in January!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    December 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 46 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Normal pace again.

Quiet day at home for a change.

Here in Australia we use kilojoules instead of calories. A calorie is the thermal energy to raise 1g of water (1 millilitre) 1 degree C. A joule is 1 newton meter (the joule also ties nicely into watts and many other standard (SI) measures).

1 kilocalorie (calorie for short) = 4.184 kilojoules.

Odd how the US uses a measure for food energy that is based on the metric system of meters, litres and degrees C.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @craigo3154, thanks for opening my eyes even more. I have never known about a 'kilojoule". I'll add that to the UAC units.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min swimming)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Almost noon. Shouldn't post after a beer and a shot.
    Went to the road for an unreasonable amount of exercise, climbing.
    Let me see what Mr wizard says about it.
    I didn't wear my heart rate monitor. I should have. I kind of punched it in places. Heh, I also kind of walked in places. Mr Wizard says 1900 feet climbing for 1300 cals.
    I am kind of on a feed right now. I bet I ate that much. Popcorn - 400 cals.

I seen trail runner girls. I am acquainted with them by now. They got pretty figures and they wear colorful tights and stuff. Heck, they even got me wearing that weird looking stuff now. I am that weird old man wearing tights. Too late. You can't unthink that image now.

But the road is not without its drama. trail runner girls found a juvenile fox with its leg stuck in a leg hold trap. I hate trappers. I hope you guys ain't trappers. There just ain't no use for it anymore. Hey back Jeremiah Johnson days, that is alright. But these days it is just unnecessary cruelty. So we or they get animal rescue on the job. I couldn't figure out how to get the little guy out of the trap without him biting me. I also couldn't imagine letting him go if his leg was ruined. If your leg is ruined you ain't a wild animal anymore. That is how that is. Vet might just put you down for the long sleep. I guess that is better than the alternative.

I seen a couple of turkeys. If I was a bow hunter I could have got them. But hey that ain't trapping.

I figured out who the trapper is and I think he is a bit of a sociopath.

The road is a weird place. If you ain't paying attention, you better. It is a remote place by an urban area. There ain't no cell reception. Regular cars can't go up and down that road. Me an my bike can do it but really you need a truck or an all wheel drive.

I flagged down a sheriff a couple of days ago. Sent him up there. I ride up the road in the early morning. It is cold. It ain't cold like you Northern guys know cold but it is 19F.
    I ride by what I thought was a pile of trash by the side of the road. That was at mile marked 12. I noticed it because I always notice anything new or different on the road. I thought, well I will check it out on the way down. So I climb for another 50 minutes or so and turn around.

Go down. See that trash. It is shaped differently! It ain't trash, it is sitting up! A rag wool blanket sitting upright shivering, shivering, shivering. "hey man, how is it going? Are you ok?"
    No reply. What should I do? Grab the blanket and pull it away and see who it is? How safe is that? I am somewhat of an athlete and surely I am stronger than someone who had spent the night exposed at 19 degrees. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Touch someone without an invitation? I didn't have my phone. That'd be useless anyway. I didn't have my pouch. I got a gun in my pouch, but that ain't particularly useful. What I had in my pouch that would have been useful, matches and a lighter. I could have built our little shivering shuddering huddled blanket a fire.

Baffled, I rushed back to my car where my phone was. No signal. I drove down to town watching the whole way for them bars of signal to come up. I seen a Sheriff before that ever happened. I told him and sent him up there.

This ain't a story I would tell anyone and here I am telling it on the internet.
    But hey, I guess you guys don't know me from Adam eh?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    LOL you and me Bob I have those crazy leggings too. I bought them as mystery item dirt cheap. Truly they are the eye rolling OMG kind. Yep I wear them they are super soft but only in remote places. You get to a certain age and you think why not as long as my daughter is not around would hate to embarrass her. ;)
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 with 35 minutes of exercise videos. Mixed it up a bit today and did parts of multiple routines. Think I need to determine, though, what time of day is best to exercise. I'm all over the map with times...as early as 5:30 AM and as late as just before bed at night. Perhaps some consistency as to time might be beneficial. Any thoughts?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @w8goal4life I do best when I exercise early to close to bed and I don't sleep as well.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life I do best when I exercise early to close to bed and I don't sleep as well.

@2020pinktogo - Thanks for your input. I think being retired adversely affects an exercise schedule. I can certainly find an appropriate amount of time at most any time of day. The problem is being motivated with consistency....and procrastination is not beyond me!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @w8goal4life So true last night I put on the new flannel sheets I stayed in bed forever this morning. My motivation to get out of bed was I needed to shovel and I wanted to do it in daylight. LOL
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 with 4.5 mike walk/run on treadmill :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Yesx3. Strong cross country skiing. Couple of good hills. Fortunately no adventures like @bocasdelbadbob . I've been skiing by myself because my husband still isn't quite ready. But I try to stay in cell range. It made it out of single digits to 12F today!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    30-Dec-2017

Exercise: 2 hours of power walking (4.1mph avg)
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    3x. 20 min walk.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Pass #3

I had planned the pass day ahead. I worked a 10 hour event that was 3 hours away and new it would be difficult to log as week as ending the evening chilling at the hotel drinking mimosas.

I did make healthier choices and brought lots of my own little snacks to keep my energy up. I still plan on ending the month in the winners circle!