Hello - Introduce yourselves

Options

Replies

• madisonlaturno
    madisonlaturno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    My name is Madison and I'm 24 years old and from Missouri! I've been following a gluten free keto diet with under 20 net carbs since march 23rd. Today when I got on the scale it told me that I had lost 20 lbs. I can not tell that I have lost weight AT ALL, which is incredibly frustrating. But oh well, maybe with the next 20. My starting weight was 249.9lbs, and my current weight is 229.8 lbs, my goal weight is significantly less than that. I've got a long way to go, but it suddenly feels attainable with keto. Maybe I consume a half a pound a day, and maybe I get weird looks when I buy 10 bricks of cream cheese at a time; but it works! Not only have I lost weight, but my skin has cleared up; I don't feel bloated every day, and my debilitating vestibular migraines have nearly vanished. I never dreamed all of this could happen in less than two months, and I'm excited for what's to come.
  • tammyb1995
    tammyb1995 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been a MFP member for a while been on again off again. I have a friend who has done awesome on the Keto so i have decided to give it a try. Made it through my first day. Any suggestions are gladly welcome and appreciated.
  • richarddavis196
    richarddavis196 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have been on (mostly off) MFP for years, but today is my re-start. I started Keto today. Pretty stoked so far, lol.
  • jamesabella
    jamesabella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Over the past year or so I was doing a strict low carb diet via MFP and lost about 70lbs and kind of jump the rails with it and struggling to get back on it and have gained back 30lbs. Trying to get restarted using Keto, you know something a little different but similar. Still researching what it's all about and trying to setup MFP in the past way for it.
  • dep474
    dep474 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Danielle. Just starting the Keto diet and loving how I feel. I am at my all time high of 200 lbs. Hoping to lose as least 30lbs.
  • KetoBelle488
    KetoBelle488 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been doing keto off and on for the last 3 months but I'm new to MFP, just felt like I wanted to start tracking macros more closely. I love keto, I've lost about 20 lbs since starting, skin is clearer, more energy etc...just recently starting to skip dairy and it's helped break thru plateaus.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Has anyone been on dietdoctor.com? There are loads of free informational videos, recipes and meal plans about the keto diet. You don't need to sign up to access most of them. I find it to be a great resource.
  • kj_kav
    kj_kav Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, new to keto, not new to trying to lose weight. My husband & I started yesterday, looking for help and tips and insight from fellow keto followers. Hoping to control my blood sugars (been pre-diabetic since I had my youngest son) and lose about 40 lbs
  • burnema
    burnema Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 years old, and I've been on the Keto diet one week.
    I've already lost 6 pounds, which is probably water weight. I still encouraged with the loss of weight.
    I have experienced any symtoms of the Keto flu.
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello from Canada. I am Dawna and I am 55.

I too am following Keto. I had digestion problems and underwent endoscopy and colonoscopy to find out that my diet and my weight were the big problems. I also developed a severe respiratory illness that has now been attributed to GERD. (I'm not sure I completely agree)

I have been Keto for almost a month. Down 8lbs and feeling much, much better. Ditched the pills for my GERD and have no more issues. In fact, they subsided after only one week.

I am not a lover of sweets but do love breads, pasta etc. That actually was pretty easy to give up. My demon is alcohol. I like beer. I have never really drank anything else. I am pretty social so a lot of that time is spent meeting up for drinks and dinner or just drinks. I had to dig very deep to find the willpower to make this life change. So far, it is going very well. My cravings are weakening and my body is beginning to transform. That, and the health benefits are keeping me pretty motivated.

Glad to know there are others here sharing the same journey for their own reasons.
  • Mudpie321
    Mudpie321 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Up and down, the same 10 pounds for over a year. Time to get strick again, almost ski season and must fit into my ski clothes. They're just too expensive to go up a size. Other than that, been at least paleo for 7 years, keto for a year and my health is excellent but must give up BPC to rip up the slopes in style.
  • JayneesGotAGut
    JayneesGotAGut Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    About Me:
    WOE: Keto started 10/06/17
    HW 200 (appx.)
    SW 190
    CW 179
    ST-GW 160
    LT-GW 130

I'm Jaynee, 32 yo, and a Nursing Student (Grad May 2018). I love sharing diaries with friends, please add me!

After having three wonderful children, I finally had lost most of my baby weight in 2014-2015. 2015 I was diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer, which explained the expedient weight loss (with exercise) of my previous baby weight. After my thyroid was removed, I gained 30-50 lbs and had been stuck. Even eating healthy, I was not able to maintain. Started Keto as a lifelong journey to health on 10/06/17. I like to be a purist and prepare from raw ingredients but will use convenience to stay on track once in a while.

Going to Germany in November 2017- Would like to be more active without fatigue. Graduating Nursing school and getting married in 2018.
  • Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well hello all
    I just started my Keto efforts a few days ago, after doing some research, also have a narrow eating window so in turn will be intermittent fasting. I am about 100lbs over weight so I have a way to go, looking forward to see how it goes!
    -Rob (Massachusetts)
  • CrazyCarbContessa
    CrazyCarbContessa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on KETO because I am hypoglycemic, have brain fog, inflammation and pre-diabetes! Living this lifestyle takes all those stmptoms away and I feeI amazing! I fell off the wagon last week but am starting again tomorrow! I am aiming for the 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% fat ratios. Although the first week I have to slowly drop the carbs from about 15% down to 5% over 7 days because I am Hypoglycemic and my body can't do the cold turkey drop in carbs. I did have a stall for 2 weeks but then the weight started coming off again. I eat a lot of canned and frozen greens because they are quick to prepare and super low in carbs. These are my usual daily foods:
    Breakfast:2 Eggs fried in bacon grease, 2 slices of bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato with butter
    Lunch: 1- 5 oz can of tuna, 1 Tbs Mayo, mustard, sugar-free sweet relish, 1/2 avocado, .5 oz bbq pork rinds, 1/2 cup of green veggies
    Dinner: 3 oz of meat cooked in bacon grease with onions and peppers (season to taste), 1 cup green veggies, sliced tomato with drizzle of ranch.
    Snacks: (between meals, as dessert and as calories & macros allow) 1 oz of cheese, 3-5 whole walnuts, 10 almonds, deli lunch meat, boiled egg, pickles, 1Tbs PB, Breyers Carb Smart Chocolate Almond Vanilla ice cream bar, Russel Stovers Sugar-Free Pecan Chocolate Caramel Delights, sugar-free jello, sugar-free mints, sugar-free gum.
    List of green veggies I eat frozen, fresh or canned: okra, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, collard greens, spinach, celery, lettuce, edamame, cucumbers, bell peppers, cilantro, Brussels sprouts, snow peas.
    Other low carb veggies: Tomatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower (great rice, mashed potato substitute), spaghetti squash

I hope this helps...it's always good to see what other people eat.
    Good luck and feel free to message me anytime!

Monique
  • swetasinghm
    swetasinghm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, I am planning to start keto diet. Looking for suggestion and like minded people to discuss .
  • snapshot77777
    snapshot77777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am a little over a month into keto. I have lost 17 pounds so far. I feel better, I eat less calories, and thankfully I have broke my addiction to sugar. I do take a men's multivitamin daily, and I take a potassium supplement because I have not been getting much potassium and I have been having leg cramps. I am glad I found this group. I was looking for a way to connect with others who are on this keto journey.
  • johnrowland1962
    johnrowland1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is John, i am back on Keto
  • chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Christina. I'm just starting Keto and getting back into MFP (it's been years since I have logged into MFP). Hope y'all are all doing well with your goals. :smile:
  • Cjartman
    Cjartman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, new friends. I am a 70 year old wife, mother and grandmother who feels young at heart but my body doesn’t agree. I want to lose 30 pounds, stop thinking about food and sweets, and feel good about myself. I have lost 8 pounds in my first month but then leveled off.

Another forum member recommended your group. Looking forward to support, knowledge, and advice.
  • SantoshiNaidu
    SantoshiNaidu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Sandy Naidu, I just started keto--I wish to lose 40lbs and I have heard such great things about KETO, so am excited to begin