Introductions

Options

Replies

• Lisa7691
    Lisa7691 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All! This is my first time participating in this challenge. I have been on MFP for a long time. My weight has creeped up over the holidays so looking for accountability to get back to healthy eating and exercising. Glad to have found this group!
  • shanamaier
    shanamaier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to this group. I do well with exercise (I go to a gym and also stream Beach Body). I eat well (fruits, veggies, whole grains). My issue is I eat too much and am a stress eater. I live in PA and have 3 kids (ages 9, 5, and 2).
  • CallMeRu
    CallMeRu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Yay!
  • lizzymcg
    lizzymcg Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'm excited for this challenge, as accountability and consistency have been problem areas for me in the past! I am working towards losing 1lb per week. I will be focusing on that 1lb pound as the goal each week instead of focusing on the total number. To meet this weekly goal, I plan to be active every day for a minimum of 30 minutes, plan my meals, and reduce the amount of sugar and carbs.
  • JanisFiddlesticks
    JanisFiddlesticks Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Happy new year everyone :D I am a Vegan/Vegetarian nurse looking to lose a very quick 30lbs for a trip to India in a couple months. Clean eating and ramping up the exercise will be my Jan-Feb goal. From March forward I intend on slowing down to a gentle consistent loss though ongoing healthy diet and active lifestyle to reach my life time weight goal...a 50lb loss. Good luck to everyone this month! Cheers :D
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was part of the UAC in December, but tripped up 2/3 of the way through the month. It's taken about a week and a half to get back on track. Old me would have beaten myself up about that, but it's a heckuva lot faster return than I've had in the past. (Thus the extra 80 pounds I carry around.) I also just saw the pictures from my sister's August wedding. While I look so happy, I also am so much bigger than I thought. That was sad and discouraging, but I'm already down a few pounds and up a lot more regular exercise since then. I'm looking forward to sticking with my healthier habits and enjoying a healthy 2018!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Happy new year all! I was a part of this group from June-September but hurt my neck in early October and stepped back. That also began my busiest season of the year leading up to Christmas so I got completely out of my workout routine. Which also meant I fell off the boat with tracking food. Im ready to make health a priority again and start building up all the strength and endurance I lost over the past several months! Love the accountability of this group.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Opting in for a ninth month. 49yo father of one from Australia. Started tracking weight and food when I realised I was heading for obese for the first time in my life. UAC has been helping keep me honest and on track. Have now exceeded initial goal weight and lost over 25kg (50 lbs) and in full maintenance since September 2017.

UAC is helped me create good, sustainable habits with the help of a wonderfully supportive group.
  • kilara21
    kilara21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the challenge, but been at MFP for several years. I need to hold myself more accountable and it looks like this is just the place for that. Thanks!
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my second UAC challenge and I really enjoyed it in December! Happy to be back and hoping to be in the Winner’s Circle this time! Exercise is no problem for me, it’s the food that has always been my struggle.
    My big goal for this year is to run a marathon - there’s one in November that I REALLY want to participate in. I’ve run several half marathons and feel I’m up for the challenge, but I am overweight and feel I will injure myself unless I lose at least 30 pounds (I’m about 180 now) - my ultimate goal is to lose about 50 pounds total, 10 of that being pregnancy weight as I also have an 8-week old sweet baby!
    I am so motivated and really hoping for a great, healthy 2018! I am so happy I found this group - we can do more together than alone! :)
  • slakers14
    slakers14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Happy New Year! I am really looking forward to participating in this group. I gained 60 lbs while pregnant and managed to lose 45 lbs. I am hoping to lose the last 15 lbs and improve habits.
  • Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Surfing the Challenges and knew this was the ine. I started mfp last Mya and lost 30lbs. Looking to lose 30 more this year. Have found that tracking is the key and this challenge will help me be accountable. ~ Jojo
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    As I finish the 1st day of the new year, I’m finally taking the time to decide how I want to work on getting healthier & staying accountable & I came across this, sounds perfect! I hope I surprise myself & get through most of the days with all yes’s!! Except for today since I just came across it & didn’t track a thing today...I’ll head on over to Jan 1 for my first pass day...hopefully the last! :D
  • kdbrot621
    kdbrot621 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm a teacher with two kids (ages 9 & 10). I was getting frustrated working out a ton but not seeing any weight loss. When I stopped the intense workouts and focused on food instead, I lost about 10 lbs, but I found 7 of them after mindless holiday eating/drinking! Back on track starting today. I struggle to work out on my own, but I don't want to go back to spending $100+/month for boot camp classes. Hoping this group will hold me accountable.