Turning 34 in September (rant)

Options
Annie831
Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
Wholy *kitten* where did the time go..... I had this whole thing planned out to have this hot body be at my goal weight and all tone and looking sexy for my 35th birthday. Well damn it's crunch time now only have a year left to go and I got some big goals to fill.... Drop about 60 pounds Flatten my stomach tone my arms and legs lift my booty (love me some squats lol). It's a tall order but it's got to get done!! I set this goal for myself last year and just about wasted all of 2017 it was hey I lost 3 pounds next week hey I gained 5 pounds. Not anymore! I'm sticking to this im not giving up I'm done being lazy and unmotivated and tired all the time. I'm still young and damn it I want to feel like I am too.

Rant over .....

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm a September kid too. Yay. I love your determination. Go get that body you deserve!
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this just made me realise I'm turning 35 in December! Yikes!
    I like your goal though! Maybe it'll help me stay on track too!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You still young. I am about to turn 37 and I'm also working hard to achieve your goals. Just be patient and you will succeed.
  • chestinator
    chestinator Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good on you Annie - I'm 34 this month and on track thanks to this handy website. Keeping track of your macros/calories is the surest way to success I believe. I'v tried tons of diets just to see what they were about and by far the most effective tool i've found is myfitnesspal so make sure you're logging everything! Some thoughts...

I've got a sweet tooth (ok teeth) and i've found the best way to curb that is to have my 'coffee and cake' meal every day usually around afternoon tea. The 'cake' is 1 of what ever I see on the cafe menu or in the supermarket. If I have something particularly calorific and delicious and I don't plan on exercising that day I adjust my meals, condiments and/or have black coffee to reduce the calories and make it fit my macros. Google IIFYM if you haven't encountered it - basically flexible eating. Im sitting at 35/30/35 (carbs/fat/protein. I try to get the required protein per day (muscle retention) but let fat/carbs fall as they may making up the rest of the calories.

Your diet will drop the kilos but exercise will determine what you look like once the excess is gone. Focus on strength and stability and maybe find a decent hill/mountain to walk up once or twice a week. Focus on functional strength. In the end though don't stress too much about the exercise, make sure your diet is on point and you're hitting your calorie target or close to. Don't be one of those people that eat way under their target because you may lose weight but you will feel like crap and lose muscle at the same time. Not a good look and not conducive to lasting health and keeping weight off in the long term.

Stay away from the '10 ways to bla bla' articles and the miracle grapefruit diets. When it comes to things we don't really want to do we straight away look for any shortcuts to get it done quicker or at least more efficiently. Fact is there are no shortcuts or else everyone would look like bodybuilders and fitness models.

Lastly if you can handle the language I would highly recommend the url at the bottom of this post (physiqonomics) for a no *kitten* approach to "looking good naked".

My apologies if you've heard this all before and/or didn't really want advice in the first place :smiley:

Have fun!

http://physiqonomics.com/
  • agm332018
    agm332018 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    34, 4th July and the bod and energy seems to have slumped and plumped in all the undesired places quickly.....no nip n tuck quick fixes here....this site and others motivation will help move me in a positive direction mentally, nutritionally and physically.....I hate the cold, wet , grey Uk months, roll on spring. Happy NY to all.x
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I will turn 34 in October. My “I am getting OLD!” moment? Re-watching “Friends” recently and realizing that I am now roughly the same age that the characters were at the end of the series. Blargh. I feel like I was only 22 and then I blinked and more than a decade had gone by!