10 months out

Options
pneschich
pneschich Posts: 325 Member
I just blew past 10 months. I'm down 130 since I started 80 since surgery. I'm struggling with the guy in the mirror. I am not seeing me. Then I see photos of myself from years ago and he's not me either. I am in a very odd place mentally.
I'm worried about complacency and regaining. I have nightmares about it. I am thrilled, sometimes to tears, at the things I'm doing now. Things that I am able to do. So this melancholy about who I am is even more confusing. Anyone else feeling lost?

Replies

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    YES! This. I bought a new PJs (shorts/tank top) in a size medium... I was sure I was too big for them, they fit. Needed new underwear, got a pack of cotton whatever pack from Wal-mart (gym undies!), debated on what size to get, almost got the bigger size, by my mom talked me out of it, so I got the smaller size, and they freaking fit right. It blows my mind. I get "your so skinny", but I don't see it. My mom has started making compliments (she's always been so negative, so positive words throw me off). Hubs says I shouldn't lose anymore, he's never seen me this small, we're talking 17 years ago I was this small, we've been together for 12 years, and married for 10...
    I see old pics of me, and think, is that really me? and I see new pics of me, and think, is that really me? I'm hoping my brain will catch up with the weight loss soon.
    Still am very happy that I did it, and would do it again in a heartbeat. (i'm sure my lose skin weighs 10-15 on its own!)

7 months out. down total 141 pounds, 50 pre-surgery 90 post.-- GYN doc wants me to lose 11 more to get to 160, my goal has been 150 since the beginning... so 21 more. I'm trying to slow the loss down some... but still losing 1-3 a week. My fear, I wont be able to stop the loss, and get down to 110!!

Didn't mean to post such a long thing! I just read what you wrote, and thought to myself, that is me! That is very much me.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I still sometimes give my weight as 235 rather than 135 and I've been at this weight for nearly 2 years. I think it's because I was over 200 pounds more than I was under. It took me more than a year to start shopping in the small section, I automatically went to the large first. The fear of regain is real but I also think it's healthy for me to have that fear. Without it, I'd fall back into old habits. Fear keeps me weighing and measuring my food, eating healthy options, and exercising. Without that fear I know I would gain the weight back. I don't want that.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I’m also in the same place - down about 74 lbs but been playing with 12-14 or so pounds since March. It’s hard to see myself at my current weight and look - I still see the very overweight person I always was so it’s something I am working on. It’s also hard when people always tell you how good you look and that you are skinny - I laugh when people say that to me
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    People would tell me that I was small enough when by any health standards I was still classified as 'overweight' for my height. I would try to kindly explain that I needed to lose 10 - 12 more pounds because I wanted to be at a normal BMI. You try hard to explain it isn't about looks but about being healthy. It's about changes in medication, joint pain, sleeping better, etc. It's so much more than looking skinny to someone else.
  • Stephanie8242
    Stephanie8242 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm 7 months out and I feel EXACTLY the same! I don't "feel" like I'm at the weight I am but see it by my clothing sizes. I see the same person in the mirror as I always have!