Sleeved 2 weeks ago!

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
I started this process in May 2016 and on November 30/2017 I was finally sleeved!
I am feeling good. The first 5 days were harder than I thought, but I am feeling great now.
I started in May 2016 at my highest weight of 275 (BMI 47) and my surgery weight was 200lbs. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I am down 16lbs as of today :smiley:

Looking forward to what the future brings!

I am having some issues with full fluid - I had some mushroom soup last night and it seemed to be quite uncomfortable going down. I ended up giving up and having a popsicle.

What did you eat 2 weeks after sleeve?

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was eating stuff like malto meal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, soft fruits like bananas. I did make the mistake of trying tried chicken 10 days after surgery. Lesson learned! Try your doctor's recommendations but keep in mind you won't be able to tolerate some stuff. It's lots of trial and error those first few months.

Congrats on a successful surgery. And AWESOME JOB with the weight loss pre-op. That gives you a huge leg up on your journey. Keep up good habits.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, smooth refried beans with a little shredded cheese, scrambled eggs made with a touch of cottage cheese (makes them more moist), sugar free pudding if you want something sweet, unsweetened cream of wheat (I added sweetener and cinnamon and a little skimmilk to)..Congrats on your sleeve, best wishes on your journey
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    At 2 weeks post surgery, I was still on full (clear) liquids. My best advise is to not rush it and follow your dr's instructions.
    You're doing an awesome job, keep it up!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    At two weeks after surgery I was on pureed foods but only 2 tablespoons per meal. And although pureed I was chewing it to death. Breakfast might be 2T of applesauce, lunch 2T of refried beans, diner 2T of pureed squash. One thing that helped was to wait 2 minutes between those first tiny bites. If you eat slow enough you can make 2T last nearly 20 - 30 minutes. Good luck with your journey.
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your body is healing you may need to go back and forth between phases a few times, I did. Even at 4-5 months I would have a day here and there that my pouch just needed a break so I went back to soft foods for a day.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    For any stage of the eating process, I found it very useful to look at my MFP friends' diaries for that time. Gather a group of friends at all stages of the process and by knowing their surgery dates, it allowed me to look at real 'day in the life' stuff to see what I had coming later as well as ideas for when things got boring.
  • marcialaphand
    marcialaphand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone glad to be apart of the group. My stats are HW- 418,SW -359,CW -343, GW-??. I was sleeved 12/30/2017 so happy and I want like some companions to be accountable and to encourage one another throughout this journey. So, if you're interested please send request we can definitely help each other out. Btw learning about this app more and more.. Good luck on your success and journey friends❣
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just started using myfitnesspal again after having RNY surgery on 12/27/17. I would welcome any friends who have also had weight loss surgery.

My stats: HW 248, SW 213, CW 192

Before surgery I was on 4 meds for diabetes, 1 for high blood pressure, 1 for high cholesterol. Since surgery I am off all meds, only taking Omeprazole and my bariatric viatimins.
  • pandygirl12
    pandygirl12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on December 18th. My stats: HW 212, SW 202, CW 185. I'm 47 and 5'2".
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had RNY on 12/18, HW 255 SW 239, CW 225, I am 56 and 5'4". I have to admit I am bummed that once I started on pureed food I am only losing around half a lb each week. But I do realize that I lost a lot the first two weeks so the slow down may be expected. I have to start moving more! The good news is I feel great!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    2 weeks after sleeve it was still a lot of soup and protein shakes for me. I had issues with full fluid, too, so I had to make everything super runny. I used Silk Protein Nut Milk to water stuff down. It has 10g of protein, so it makes stuff runny without diluting the protein content.
  • Ajandmovies
    Ajandmovies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How soon were you able to return to work after sleeve? I’m trying to minimize out of office time. I have a desk job. Currently in pre op stage. No surgery date yet. Get egd done in two weeks.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I returned to work as a bus driver 13 days after surgery If I had a desk job probably could have been back in a week. The day after i got home from surgery I started regularly. Longer and faster as I recovered. If you're feeling well, move as much as possible. I believe that helped speed up overall recovery.
  • loveshoe
    Options
    I returned to work with a desk job 2 weeks after surgery. I was tired but it was doable.
  • Zick26
    Zick26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 days I have 2 kids and as long as you stretch and figure out how to eat and have help the first few days you'll be good
  • loveshoe
    Options
    The first month I was on liquid, pureed, and mechanically processed foods. I didn't really care about variety so I just did refried beans, ricotta cheese, cream of wheat, mashed potatoes or anything that didn't really take any prep work. I would make my lunch the night before and put my car keys in the fridge with my lunch so I wouldn't forget it. I struggled with fatigue so other than letting the dog in and out and doing the bare minimum of house cleaning 2 weeks was enough.