January Exercise Challenge

Options
Hi all,

Thanks to those that have joined the group so far, I am super excited for January! I'm so pleased we have an accountability group and I really do hope this helps you with your goals.

I wanted to start a challenge for January to kick start the group. It would be great if you join this challenge but it's not compulsory although I would really encourage it.

For January, the challenge will be to log a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day on this thread. You can walk, hike, jog, run, do an aerobics video....anything you want as long as we are burning calories. Once your 30 minutes are complete, we log it here on this thread and share the exercise we did and if you know, the calories burned.

This challenge will start on Monday 1st January - Wednesday 31st January 2018!

Good luck! :smile:

Replies

• TravelBear87
    TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Logging my exercise for today!

5K run in 29 minutes 16 seconds :smile:

35 minute walk home.

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Can I join if I only do 5 days a week? I'd like to help keep me accountable, but I know I won't be doing 7 days a week. I typically do a circuit session 2-3 days a week and some core/body work 2-3 days a week. One of my goals will be to have a more structured workout program.
  • TravelBear87
    edited January 2018
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Can I join if I only do 5 days a week? I'd like to help keep me accountable, but I know I won't be doing 7 days a week. I typically do a circuit session 2-3 days a week and some core/body work 2-3 days a week. One of my goals will be to have a more structured workout program.

Absolutely! Don't forget that even a 30 minute walk will count. It's just to get everyone moving :smile:
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    Nice one :smiley: hannamarie
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Nice one :smiley: hannamarie

Haha! Just noticed my typo! Should be 145 cals burned! Not cake!
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 - 10K running program
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    PT session today. 1 hour, back, squats and battle ropes. 457 cals burned and lots of fun :)
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out yet today, but I was thinking about the format of reporting our workouts/progress. I love this idea, but personally I have trouble if I can't see everything in one spot. Due to this, I created this Google Sheet - https://goo.gl/2DYAc8. It's a way that I am also going to track my workouts/progress. I've made it editable to anyone with the link, so if you're like me and like to see every thing on one page feel free to add your information and we can work together on it. :smiley:
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Exercise today was a 60 minute PiYo class in the morning, and a 60 minute PiYo class in the evening.
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    Logging day 2 of 31.

30 minute walk today but that's because I'm ill! :( hopefully a better day tomorrow.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2nelune wrote: »
    I created this Google Sheet - https://goo.gl/2DYAc8. It's a way that I am also going to track my workouts/progress. :smiley:
    Great idea! I have trouble navigating in the MFP app as well - a little cumbersome.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Walked 55 minutes while wearing an 18lb baby. :)