Happy New Year Ladies

Options
Good morning all & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The Holidays are officially behind us; I am feeling hopeful for whatever reason this morning and so I am holding onto that as I approach new adventures that await this year.

Did anyone make resolutions? I decided NOT too this year (oddly enough I feel pressured that I will fail when I make them) So instead, I decided I am just going to try to approach this year as an Under construction - work in progress. Id love to focus on sticking to goals (commitment sometimes is a major downfall of mine), as well as focus on my health, spirituality, emotional well being. The thing that is different for me this time, is I don't know what that looks like, it is not planned out, and I am going to take things week by week.

I spent 4 hours yesterday prepping & planning for meals to get back on track as far as my nutrition goes. I also joined a Facebook "challenge" with a neighbor friend who is running it, it will start on Wed 01/10/18. Basically I paid $5 to "buy in" and then each week, if I lose, no payment, and if I gain or maintain, it is a 1$ fee. Then at the end, whoever loses most % wins the pot - similar to what dietbet is kind of like ( I think). We are doing it for 8 weeks, so I figured, 15$ total to motivate myself isn't too bad! (if anyone wants to join let me know- I swear I didn't come here for that, but just figured id throw it out there lol).

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, I saw some really cute baby announcements on Pinterest , and instead of feeling disappointed, I was inspired this time-so I made a new board called Maybe Baby- Like I said, I am feeling hopeful for 2018!

Have a great start to the year ladies; if you'd like to share your goals or resolutions, please do! Its always nice to see a different perspective of things.

Cheers

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Happy New year Rhiannon! I didn't make any resolutions either, but I do enjoy a reset after the holidays where I rein in the non stop eating and reevaluate things. I am doing a January (through march? Eh, maybe) whole 30, and am trying to be as healthy as possible for the next 3 months. Our RE said we had to wait until we had both not smoked at all for 3 months before we can do any treatments (we did it occasionally), so I'm giving this my all in hopes that we won't need treatments.

So whole 30 for me, low carb for husband. I'm listening to podcasts on my commute, which had really lowered my stress during driving a lot! I am also trying to find joy in my every day life and reduce physical and mental clutter.

I spent so much of 2017 stressed and honestly pretty close to depressed. In 2018 I will be thankful for the good in my life and focus on that as best I can. Happy New Year everyone! <3