Butter
Sour Cream
?????
:smiley:

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Sauteed them all together in butter and add some sour cream at the end? That's what Baconslave would do :wink:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd do something like this but cut some of the mayo and use sour cream. Possibly some butter. Do you have any parmesan? I make a similar topping for fish. The parm is pretty key. Love me some collards. Have them on the side. I usually eat mine with just hot sauce but there are recipes for creamed collards on line. You could possible use sour cream. Dunno.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/69538/artichoke-chicken/

I like allrecipes. It is helpful to read through the reviews.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'll take just the Artichokes boiled til bottom leaf pulls off easily, dip leaves in melted butter and pull through teeth, one after the other. Clean out choke, eat heart and remaining stem with more butter (with S&P). Collard greens... I dunno.... from Canada here, lol.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I'll take just the Artichokes boiled til bottom leaf pulls off easily, dip leaves in melted butter and pull through teeth, one after the other. Clean out choke, eat heart and remaining stem with more butter (with S&P). Collard greens... I dunno.... from Canada here, lol.

LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what to do with collard greens. :D
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »

LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what to do with collard greens. :D

Me neither, I didn't actually know what they were: I do now (roughly) thanks to mr google!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Collards? Well, you put them in pot and boil them with a huge ham hock or ham bone, plus your choice of seasoning. Bacon is a good substitute if you don't have a leftover ham bone.

Best recipe I could find! It's a staple this time of year in my family, although I prefer mustard greens. It's a southern American dish :)allrecipes.com/recipe/235931/southern-style-collard-greens/

I like to cook skin on chicken breasts in the oven lately. I separate the skin, season underneath with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, put two pats of butter and then recover with the skin. Salt and pepper outside again and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 450 for 45 min. Comes out juicy with the skin nice and crispy. I call it butter chicken because the butter just oozes out of it. It's delicious.