Carbs vs net carbs

Options
Hello to all, and Happy New Year.

I am new to Keto and I have a question. I hear and read alot about folks who work towards keeping their carbs under 30 or even 20 grams. Is this net carbs do you think? My net carbs today is 25 but of course is more than that. Am I ok in this range?

thx.
Susan

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Most likely that level of net carbs will suit you fine.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    20 total carbs can be challenging if you want any meaningful amount of veggies in your diet. 20, 25 & 30 net carbs allow for more wiggle room for veggies etc, and should keep you in ketosis just fine. :)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You will find out what works best for you at different stages of your journey. For me right now, going with 20 NET carbs or less is perfect.
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is NET carbs. Try to keep your NET carbs around 5% of your daily caloric intake. Thats very important because a lot of people that start keto do not get enough greens in because of the carbs, but you have to remember to subtract Fiber. So you can really eat your fill on asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower. and you should! you need the nutrients! A lot of people subtract sugar alcohol, or half the grams from sugar alcohol, but I find that a slippery slope when consuming items that are "keto adapted".