Jumpstart January 2018: Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options

Replies

• Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am headed back to work today after 5 days off. I will be so busy, I think food will be a passing thought. Even so, I have everything planned out and ready to go!!

Yesterday was another good day!
    1) Stay within daily carb range :smile:
    2) Drink 64oz+ water daily :smile:
    3) 6,000+ steps daily :smile:

Have a great day everyone! Stay Warm!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Kudos to everyone setting and achieving! Fitness remains my focus.

As with December, I will do at least 30 minutes of intentional exercise every day. This month I am part of a small group doing TRUE-Yoga with Adriene and then add my minimum of 30 minutes of strength or cardio. So far the yoga has been very gentle. If interested:

http://true.yogawithadriene.com/
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I rocked day one... then got too lax on day two and three. I know what I need to do, love Keto, just need to make sure I stay focused. I've got this!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Gym - done. Strength day. I pushed harder than normal (was at muscle failure on my last inverted row) because I don't do strength again until Monday. Picking up my laptop bag when I got to work was a bit tricky.

Food - Great
    Water - Great (this one is HUGE for me!)
    Sleep - Great, was asleep by 8:30 (ditto!)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Vitamins- :)
    Weigh in- :)
    Water- :)
    New recipe/food-nothing new yesterday
    Planned workout-yoga at lunch, great class and will be taking that every Wed
    Logging- :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Day 4 no water. Got showers at the inlaws last night. Refilled water jugs. It's 15F here. Waiting fir Sunday and warmer temps to come so I can have water again. :scream:

Wed 1/3:

Water: Yep. :flowerforyou:
    Electrolytes Good: :flowerforyou:
    Logged Food: :flowerforyou:
    Exercise as Planned: Yoga Tone (Jessica Smith-strength)
    At or Under Carb Level: :flowerforyou:
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Nope. Still under maintenance but not where I wanted. :heartbreak:
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes!
    6/7

Stalling by all the kids for bedtime, by hubby, and stress...I make my snack and eat it upstairs for a reason. I got hungry and fed up and ate in the kitchen. And then had a binge on the mixed nuts.
    I won't be doing that again.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    01/03
    Under calorie goal: B)
    Under carb goal: :'(
    Intentional Physical Activity: B)
    Achieved sleep goal: B)
    Focus on positive thinking: ;) mostly
    (Weekly) Food Prep: N/A
    (Weekly) < 3 alcoholic beverages: N/A
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    tayusuki wrote: »
    January goals:
    1. Avoid the breads like the PLAGUE
    2. Watch my calories. It's easy to go over
    3. Follow my workout calendar, my muscles have become mush
    4. Keep carbs low. While I have a limit set in MFP, I love veggies and want to eat them
    5. Salt... I need to consume more of it.

1/3 and 1/4 really
    1. Dodged them breads like a CHAMP
    2. Aced! I think I went over by like 20 yesterday? I've struggled with severely undereating in the past -- so I'll take a smidge over!
    3. Did a little workout!
    4. I've been avoiding processed carbs! I allow bananas sometimes when I want pancakes (did that this week).
    5. Been drinking broths!
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I started back eating Keto on the 1st, after stopping during the holidays. For me January is going to be a strict month in regards to my health and eating and also my finances.

January goals:

Lose 8 lbs
    Drink 80+oz water/day incl 1 Electrolyte Drink
    Stay under 20 net carbs/day (Keto)
    Meal prep 1 day/week
    Stay on budget-No eating out

Starting Weight: 1/1/18- 230.4
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I *kitten* up and gained some weight back last month. I'm not letting it go any further so I'm getting back on track. My January goals are
    1. Eat a healthier diet and stay under carb goal.
    2. Start the 30 day shred and finish it again. (I love this program)
    3. Go into my 2nd semester of nursing school and not eat like *kitten*.
    4. Fit into my scrubs and clinical top.

Reasonable enough! Best wishes to you all. <3
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!! It is another cold one here. No outside exercise, but will get in plenty of walking here at work.

Stuck to the plan again yesterday!!!!
    1) Stay within daily carb range :smile:
    2) Drink 64oz+ water daily :smile:
    3) 6,000+ steps daily :smile:

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great on their goals, so keep it up! This week’s update:
    1. Eat only when hungry ;) mostly
    2. Eat to satisfaction ;) all meals but one

Down two pounds so it seems to be working! My struggle is thinking I’m wasting good if I don’t finish. I’ve got to wrap my head around this one.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    Everyone is doing great on their goals, so keep it up! This week’s update:
    1. Eat only when hungry ;) mostly
    2. Eat to satisfaction ;) all meals but one

Down two pounds so it seems to be working! My struggle is thinking I’m wasting good if I don’t finish. I’ve got to wrap my head around this one.

The concept of "wasting food" is something I've had pay attention to in my WOE which ultimately focused as much on behavior/habit as it did macros. I'm fairly well grounded now regarding "what to eat".

For me, scraping the remains out of a casserole dish and eating the heaping spoonful because it is too little for leftovers but I didn't want to throw it way, required attention. Besides, why put that big casserole dish in the fridge for such a small amount? Or dirty another smaller container that I'll have to wash later?

The same holds true with that last piece of cheese. Easier to just eat it than to wrap it up and stick it back in the refrigerator. :o
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Thurs 1/4:

Water: Yep. :flowerforyou:
    Electrolytes Good: :flowerforyou:
    Logged Food: :flowerforyou:
    Exercise as Planned: Yoga Cardo vid and 1-mile walk with Jessica Smith :flowerforyou:
    At or Under Carb Level: :flowerforyou:
    At or Under Calorie Limit: Nope. Still under maintenance but not where I wanted. :heartbreak:
    Planned Day Ahead: Yes! :flowerforyou:
    6/7

DH brought up a snack after I'd already eaten mine, and I was hungry so I ate it. Darn weak!
    Stop having a snack you say? Well that still doesn't eliminate the unpredictable obstacle of Well-intentioned Spousal Sabotage. He snacks so unpredictably at bedtime. I don't know what to do. Cut my calories down way further just in case he does but not be able to sleep from hunger if he doesn't? I dunno. Exercise for an extra 200 cals? I already bust my butt as it is.

I really was going to make it...le sigh. I'm going to have to figure this out.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Results for 1/4

Log all food :smile:
    Stay under carbs In 1/2 I broke down and had some beer. Well several. I have been battling a migraine headache since christmas eve, and that sent it over the edge. Woke up in so much pain I had to go to the doc. So no more beer for me! I've been reading that LCHF is really helpful for people who suffer migraines, so I'm very resolute on not cheating. Although this weekend is a girls ski trip, so I will probably have more than 20 carbs a day, but I'll try to keep it low and will completely pass on the beer and wine.
    Plan tomorrows food :smile: the girls have the whole weekend planned out. We certainly won't starve.
    exercise 4x week - nothing for this week because of the headache.
    plan tomorrows exercise- :smile: I do plan to xc ski some really pretty places this weekend
    Stretch :s I totally forgot, again

I can do this!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    On schedule over here! Feeling great, workouts on par, if I stick to my cal and carb goals all through next week with no cheats I am going to “reward” myself by upping my weekday calories to 1400 and my weekend calories to 1700. I am at 1200 right now just to get started but I won’t be happy with that for long.

2 mile run in -26C/-15F yesterday, will prob do the same this aft since the wind is staying down.

Everyone is doing great!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day exercise-wise. Food: good. Water: good. Sleep: good!!

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    01/04

I have lost the battle and what feels like the plague has settled into my chest and sinuses. The true goal for the next few days is to keep this raving appetite in check and kill the germs. It's not going to be pretty.

Under calorie goal: :'(
    Under carb goal: :'(
    Intentional Physical Activity: :'(
    Achieved sleep goal: B)
    Focus on positive thinking: B)
    (Weekly) Food Prep: N/A
    (Weekly) < 3 alcoholic beverages: N/A
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Goals went by the wayside yesterday. Stayed within carbs & cals but the commute in bad weather wrecked my plans and motivation. Better day today so far.
This discussion has been closed.