2017 & 2018 Resolutions

Options
JamesAztec
JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
So... how did everyone do on their 2017 resolutions? Or did we forget some, lol? I wrote mine on my blog and copied them below. And below that are my 2018 resolutions. My comments are in bold.

* Weigh myself no more than every other day. This shouldn't be too difficult but it will require some patience if I see my weight going in wrong direction. Sometimes there's a tendency to obsess about the number when in reality it really shouldn't be that important. This was the one I missed. I got too curious a few times during the year. I kind of "made up" for is by not weighing in November or December.

* Achieve my step goal 300 days of the year. I probably would have done this last year had it not been for the shingles. I did at least finish 2016 strong by hitting goal 45 days straight. I hit my goal 363 our of 365 days

* 5,000,000 steps in 2017. Again, probably would have hit this had it not been for the shingles. I finished 2016 with 4,872,231. I finished with well over 6,000,000 steps

* At least one "non-walking" exercise per week. This could be biking, playing basketball, resistance training (weights, push-ups, etc). If I can get into some good habits this should come naturally just like the walking. Technically I did this because I took up running and did that every week but I was thinking of the exercises listed when I made this resolution.

* Finish 2017 at or below the Trend-Weight I started the year. Now that I've discovered what I believe my "real" weight is I'm using that number. Currently it's 224.5lbs. If I can sustain or lower that number 2+ years after bariatric surgery I'd consider that a major accomplishment. I weighed 198 on January 1

So... 3.5 out of 5??? Not bad!

These are my 2018 resolutions in order of importance:

1. Complete my first marathon. I'm signed up for the SLO Marathon in April. If something happens with that one then maybe another one later in the year.

2. Do one non-running/walking exercise per week. Things like biking, weights, sports, etc.

3. Finish 2018 under 200lbs. On January 1 I weighed 198 so I don't have a lot of wiggle room here. If I stick with my habits I see no reason why I can't make this happen.

4. Not weigh myself on my scale for all of 2018. Honestly, I'm doubtful on this one because I think curiosity will get the best of me eventually. But as long as I'm not going up a size in clothes I don't think I'll really need to weigh.

Replies

• Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2018 Goals:

I really haven’t put much thought into this so thanks for the nudge!

1. The gastric sleeve.
    My family is not completely on board yet although my boyfriend has come around. I am doing this for me though, and my goal is to have the surgery sometime between April-May.

2. Goal weight of 160 pounds
    I would love to drop from 239 to 160, although I know that may not happen in 2018. I may actually try and drop to 150 because we may try for another baby once I get there. 150 allows for a little bounce back.

3. Finances
    I want to work on paying down debt and student loans. It wouldn’t take too much but on a teachers salary, it is hard. As for my student loans, I’ll be paying on them until I retire, lol. Blah!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Although they are not New Years resolutions, I do have 2 goals for 2018,

1) to do everything my baratric surgery program says so that I qualify for surgery at the end

2) to have our household debt paid off except for our car which still has 5.5 years left on the loan.

I hope that we all reach our goals!!