What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
How are you doing with this month's challenge?

Here's where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

What's on your mind today??

Replies

• MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I started off today with 30 squats, but they only took a minute to complete. No worries for me, though. I got some laundry to do then a 15 min workout to ease me back into the routine. That'll get me past my 20 mins of activity. I'll be sure to update Jan 1 at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, I weighed in at 210.8 ☹ which means I gained 5.4 lbs this past month.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Happy new year and thanks for keeping this going. i was a member a few months ago but i've been struggling with an ankle injury. time to get back to it no matter what though. take care :-)
  • MmamabearR
    Options
    I need to drink more water
  • Jadecarpet
    Jadecarpet Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    I need to drink more water

I was struggling to drink enough water too. I've started to drink cooled boiled water & sometimes hot. I find it easier to drink somehow & for some reason, I am actually drinking more. I keep a glass by my kettle too.
    I'm running like a race horse since I increased my liquid intake but that should ease up soon (?)
    Not sure if it's purely a psychological thing with me but I find the water more palatable too.
    It can't hurt to try Hon, good luck x
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm going to find it hard to keep checking in once I go back to work on the 8th. Being in the office makes it so much harder to make good choices and stick by them.

I'd also like to change my mindset when I have had a long/tough/challenging day... instead of thinking "Give me a wine", I want to think "Let me run this off". ... I have a long way to go on this one
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Having a hard time today, but committing to this challenge helps. I've not eaten anything I hadn't planned for, drank lots of water and am now getting ready to go to my Yoga class which will probably help me feel better.
  • MmamabearR
    Options
    I like being held accountable for every bite/nibble I take. It helps me put down the cookies/candy bar/soft drink. Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart waiting to check out and I saw a Whatchamacallit bar. They were my favorite growing up and I realized I hadn't had one in a long while. But just knowing I'd have to log it allowed me to pass it by.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am so sore!!!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I'm not stepping on the scale until February 1st. I'm going to track and stay under my calorie limit every single day, get my 75K steps in every week and not play the scale game. We'll see what happens.
  • drea2011
    Options
    Hey Lemmy,

Do you pack?

lemmyhead wrote: »
    I'm going to find it hard to keep checking in once I go back to work on the 8th. Being in the office makes it so much harder to make good choices and stick by them.

I'd also like to change my mindset when I have had a long/tough/challenging day... instead of thinking "Give me a wine", I want to think "Let me run this off". ... I have a long way to go on this one

• drea2011
    Options
    Soreness is subsiding a bit! Thank goodness...lost 1.9 lbs...in a week simply by only drinking water and eating healthy!!! This is only my 3rd day working out. I diffuse my water with fresh fruit so I can get to my gallon a day challenge.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

I find packing my lunch, and tracking it after packing take care of this issue. Also saying no to some impulsive "let's go out and eat, etc., etc.,..." helps. Saying "Oh O, I am sorry I brought my lunch, may be another day". Or taking charge of the eat out place where I know the menu and have a rough idea what to eat that will not affect my calories for that day helps.
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I find packing my lunch, and tracking it after packing take care of this issue. Also saying no to some impulsive "let's go out and eat, etc., etc.,..." helps. Saying "Oh O, I am sorry I brought my lunch, may be another day". Or taking charge of the eat out place where I know the menu and have a rough idea what to eat that will not affect my calories for that day helps.

I take my own lunch most days ... the hard part is when we have office morning tea (once a month), then birthdays people bring in cake (it feels more like once a week), and then there is a bowl of candy (though getting better at avoiding that...)

It's also a mental/politeness challenge for me, as people go out of their way to cater for my gluten intolerance ... I've asked them not to but they don't get it!! So some days I feel obliged to eat the cake because they worked extra hard to include me... then once the sweet tooth starts, it's near impossible to stop!

This year I have joined the gym which is 5min from work... so I am going to try make a habit that if I indulge in the morning tea, then I need to go to the gym at lunch break to take my mind off the sugar cravings.
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sadly I will have to take a week of absence as I'll be in Iowa between the 7th and 14th! Visiting a friend on short notice and wont have access to my pc

But ill certainly be active :smiley:
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/njeZ29umqVE

This video is great for the beginning exerciser.
    Beats walking outside today at -6 degrees. Brr!

Ooh yes, love Leslie, too dark in the mornings here before work to walk out....
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Am loving this challenge, thank you so much Rick and everyone!!!!!!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I did great Monday through Thursday afternoon. Dinner out Friday and Saturday ruined me. Today I sort of gave myself a day off. Back at it tomorrow.
  • drea2011
    Options
    We had Cheryl’s cookies as a welcome back treat ( if you’re from Ohio you know how AMAZING they are) and I didn’t eat mine and wasn’t tempted at all and it was on my desk all day. I sent it home with my student of the day