Vegetarian Keto’ers?

Any vegetarian Keto people here? Would be great to add you to get advice and support etc.

Replies

• ToriOtsuki
    ToriOtsuki Posts: 10 Member
    Not a vegetarian at all, but I am trying to do a healthy keto. So, for breakfast I had scrambled eggs with spinach cooked in coconut oil. My lunch was 40 grams of green leafy salad and half of a large avocado. I mashed the avocado with a tbs of balsamic vinegar for the dressing. To avoid the meat in the salad, add eggs or other no carb protein source. But if you are vegan or are not eating eggs, then I am not sure you can do keto because carb free proteins are usually animal products.
  • ongakusab
    ongakusab Posts: 1 Member
    I just started recently and I'm a pescatarian, I just eat tuna and salmon about once a week, everything else is vegetarian. But I've been really into grilled tofu, vegetarian smart dogs, and veggie burgers for protein, I just check and get the low carb varieties. The healthiest ones are at whole foods. If you get peanut butter watch out for sugar, I don't buy pnb because the only keto friendly brands are really expensive. Of course I eat lots of veggies too! There is a subreddit /r/vegetarianketo that has been helpful too. Also I've been really into cooking with coconut oil and macadamia milk. You can add me if you'd like!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    You can definitely do Keto as a Vegetarian or even as a Vegan. There are all sorts of resources, though I'm not familiar with them all by name. I have heard good things about the sub-reddit referenced above, though...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    I'll come back and post all the ones I've got in a few. I have a bazillion appts for the kids this afternoon.