January Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• TravelBear87
    TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    smdade wrote: »
    Struggling today (physically and mentally) so went for a 20min walk instead of the gym. Getting anxious about going back to work and suffering from DOMs from weight training. Bit of a “poor me” day :neutral:

I hope you're having a better day now. I get anxious a lot too, in fact I woke up feeling anxious this morning.

I practise mindfulness to help with this. :smile:

Feel better soon. :smile:
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    Didn’t manage any specific exercise today. It was parents evening so I was at work until 7. Treated myself to pizza for tea and still came in under my calorie goal for the day :)

Mmmmmmmm Pizza! :smiley:
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Hey all.

Sorry I've not logged for a few days. I have had some very hectic days at work mainly due to a small promotion and I've been leaving work late.

I'm logging two days of walking, mainly 30 minutes a day uphill.

Food is going good.

Congratulations on the promotion!! Hope the hectic days ease up!!
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jan 12 - 10K running program
    I’m having a rest weekend over the next two days to help with physical exhaustion and mental fatigue. I know I need it but will be back smashing workouts on Monday!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    smdade wrote: »
    Jan 12 - 10K running program
    I’m having a rest weekend over the next two days to help with physical exhaustion and mental fatigue. I know I need it but will be back smashing workouts on Monday!

I just started a 10k app by ZenLabs, lots of snow here in Southwest Michigan has slowed my outside running progress!

Enjoy your rest weekend, sounds like it is definitely much needed!!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 12th - 60 minute trail run/walk.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Jan 12th- 2 hours dancing at a Paramore concert :) training properly again tomorrow.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk today
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This week has not been at all what I hoped. Going back to work after winter break has been rough and it’s our busy time. Back to working out today and did 30 min of HIIT. I’m hoping next week is better, but it’s not looking like it :(
  • hannamarie0098
    Options
    Pt session today, lots of legs and back with a little cardio
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    No exercise today for me.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    2 hours weight lifting/strength training
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    Oh my goodness this week has been bonkers! :neutral:

Lots of work, family visits, etc. I've not been able to log yesterday but food was good.

Lots of walking these past few days and I'm annoyed I didn't wear my Fitbit haha!!

Looking forward to a more settled week next week. I know have a car so I'll be hoping to get in at the gym on top of run club :smile:
  • gilson093
    gilson093 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's hard not being able to do anything after my surgery. It will be a month before I can slowly start to do any activity. Hopefully after tomorrow I can go out for a little walk. But I have my new skinny arms to look forward to after the skin removal surgery!!!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    gilson093 wrote: »
    It's hard not being able to do anything after my surgery. It will be a month before I can slowly start to do any activity. Hopefully after tomorrow I can go out for a little walk. But I have my new skinny arms to look forward to after the skin removal surgery!!!

Keep us posted on your progress!!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 14th- 70 early morning trail run ( temp. 2 degrees! lol ), and a 45 minute Running 101 class at my local Y.
  • hannamarie0098
    Options
    An hour of badminton today :)
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    50 minutes of turbo kick
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    gilson093 wrote: »

Wow! I bet it is hard to have to take things so slow. I'm truly wishing you a speedy, full recovery!
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    50 min walk, slow pace.