PCOS and losing weight

Options
When I was diagnosed a couple of months ago, I was told PCOS makes it hard to lose weight. Why is the that? What helped you be successful in dropping pounds? I have also heard keto or low carb is good but I know I won't be able to stick to that.

Replies

• grk_tigris
    grk_tigris Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing and am still trying to figure out what works most effectively.
  • wmidge25
    wmidge25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Grk_tigris. I have had PCOS since I was 13 and will be 36 at the end of the month. Its been hard for me. I believe the big trouble for me is sticking with something that is working. Its now 2018, and I am going to do much better for the year.
  • StephanieMykytuk
    StephanieMykytuk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was diagnosed in 2005, no luck with pregnancy but do have a beautiful adopted daughter. A few years ago I was on a high protein, low carb and low fat diet and I did really well. I lost weight, my cycles returned and did get pregnant but it ended in miscarriage very early. I didn't even know i was pregnant before i wasn't. I am on day three of my eating better again and it is going very well. The key is to get enough good protein every three hours so you never starve yourself!