New again to WW since Thursday

Options
tekwriter
tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
Hello, I am new again to WW since this last Thursday. I have let myself go and needed the structure to get myself back on track and be accountable. I do not see how we will lose weight on the new freestyle is seems so much less restrictive but sure hope it works.

Replies

• meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been at lifetime (2nd time around) since May 2009. I am hoping in time I will embrace it but really am having a hard time. They went to all the Zero points foods because people don't want to track after years of telling us we need to track. I already clean and now all the items I ate with points (chicken, fish, yogurt etc) are zero. I gained 2.8 in the first 2 weeks because I kept eating in my usual pattern but started adding raisins, nuts and cheese to my salads and a few other things to my day because I had the points. I went back to my regular eating pattern and in 2 weeks I am down 2.2. My thoughts are its good to motivate people to eat healthier but I've got to wonder if some days people will eat their points in processed/snack like items and then fill up on zero points foods to stay in their range? Zero points doesn't mean zero calories so that is why I am doing MFP. I will track on the WW app for a while just to see how things pan out and will always go to the meetings for accountability but I really think MFP is the way to go.
    A lot of people are having success so I am not in anyway trying to discourage you, but i do stress again that zero points isn't zero calories.
  • LeeseySparkles
    LeeseySparkles Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my membership because of the new Freestyle program. I am going to count calories with mfp and track my smart points on the ultimate food diary app. I loved Smartpoints Beyond the Scale program, but this program is more vigorous in my opinion and feels more like a diet. With a heavy heart I left. I voiced my opinion and basically was told I needed to just change my mindset. If your not a fan of fish, chicken, turkey, and beans..your in trouble. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.6 my first week, so I am good with the program, however I do love peas, beans and corn and eat lots of chicken breast. I love making mexican style soups with the ground chicken and turkey. I am looking forward to seeing how it goes on. I certainly do understand the concerns though.
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started WW this week and I miss tracking here in MFP, which I've done for 8 years. It drives me nuts not seeing my calories and water. I feel like I'm overeating because of the zero point items. I'm gonna follow it in line for a couple weeks and see if I lose or gain, if I gain, I maybe need to start tracking in both places to see how many calories I am consuming. I just feel MFP app is so much more user friendly than the WW app.
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My 3rd week on Freestyle...lost 3 lbs each week until this week, gained 1 lb! Will try it another week before giving up.
  • Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to read these comments. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose. A few years ago I liked WW when it was more high fiber. I have tried 4 or 5 times to make this new program work. I lost 7 pounds in the first couple weeks, but I was starving and gained it back in the next couple weeks. I eat a lot of carbs (always have) and felt so deprived because anything slightly "bad" was like 15 points. Very defeating. Yes, it feels like a diet. I will unjoin for the last time and I am going to try to go with MFP. I am also a counselor and I liked it when they used Solution Focused type meeting questions. I am not big on the switch to mindfulness, as I do not find that effective as a counseling strategy. Definitely doesn't help me with my food choices.