Calories

Options
Some say count some say don't. Some say just meet you macros. I feel like I'm eating to much if I try to hit calories. So what do you do? Coujnt or no?

Also when looking at nutrients it saays carbs and net carbs. What are net carbs?

Replies

• FirstLadyHK
    FirstLadyHK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need help too.
    I have to missing something. I try my hardest to get my numbers and stay undef
  • FirstLadyHK
    FirstLadyHK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Carbs - fiber =net carbs
  • Cosnowbunny11
    Cosnowbunny11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    opps i meant net calories
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So when you are first starting out with the Keto style diet and adapting to fat over carbs many say to not count calories. This is because you are altering your diet and stop eating foods you will have cravings for. In in effort to avoid failing or cheating on the diet many say dont count calories and just eat as much fat as you want. Once you fat adapt your body will crave less food and you will naturally eat less. during this adaption though and as your body starts to deplete of carbs you will go through what is called "keto flu" and your body will feel sluggish and you will be tempted to eat carbs to fix this.

Its very important not to carb up as it will replenish and your body will immediately go back to burning carbs. this isn't an in and out style of dieting, you have to stick to it.

So as i mentioned before though after you are in ketosis your body will start burning fat and your hunger will go down dramatically. many have to remind themselves to eat as they could go all day with no hunger.

Counting calories once into the plan though is going to be essential if you are on a weight loss goal. just make sure you get adapted first. Eating right is #1.
  • MisssJessicaaa
    MisssJessicaaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m going through Keto flu right now I’m absolutely exhausted and have migraines the last two days.
    Yesterday I had a bite of my partners pizza because my craving was so overwhelming.
    Still knackered and still have a migraine so I guess it hasn’t tipped me over!
    I tend to only count meats and cheese/cream. Anything else like watery/green veg I don’t. Just not worth my time. If it were a slightly carby veg then I would track it like green beans for example.
    Can’t wait to exit the flu phase. Best of luck everyone
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you can exit the flu quicker if you keep flushing and get extra electrolytes. Drink plenty of water and salt your food good.