New to Keto

Options
This is day two of the Keri lifestyle. I am trying to lose around 40 pounds. Yesterday itself okay, but my calories were under. I am trying to keep protein up so I lose fat (not muscle), but I don't want to eat too much fat because I'm already packing some lol. Could you take a look at my first entry to see if I did it right?

Replies

• angelnorgaard
    angelnorgaard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I took a look, and every thing looks good to me.. I adjusted my food setting to show my fiber intake to make it east to track my net carbs (net carbs = carbs - fiber). Im on day seven now since my first successful day was on the 3rd. You can have a look at my week if you need.
  • jillyjjac
    jillyjjac Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies! Also if you Get any of the carb flu I suggest potassium and sodium supplements, and either Powerade zero or electrolyte water! Best of luck!
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Remember that eating fat won’t make you fat. You need fat when doing keto for energy. And your muscle won’t eat itself if you have fat to fuel you. If you continue not getting carbs to fuel and you don’t eat fat you will start to feel very tired and weak and that’s how a lot of people stop the keto diet. I know it goes against years of hearing fat makes you fat, but that’s why you are doing keto, because years of advice were wrong. If you have any specific questions please add me and ask away. I’m happy to help anyone
  • FirstLadyHK
    FirstLadyHK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need help with my numbers. I feel like they are off. I try my hardest to stay undee my carbs and get all my other numbers.
    On week 3 but only down 3lbs.
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    First off, a lb a week is good! You are moving in the right direction and in a healthy way. If you really feel like you should be further ahead though, I would suspect you may be taking in more calories or carbs then you know of.
    A carb will hold 4g of water in the body. So depleting your body of carbs gives you a very quick loss in water weight. Having no other info, i would imagine you are not fully depleted of carbs yet.
  • merlegirl3
    merlegirl3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can a person with high cholesterol do Keto? I was wondering about a high fat way of eating.