Keto breakfast ideas other than eggs

Options
krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Hi all. I love eggs and will be eating them often but does anybody have any other breakfast ideas other than eggs? I would love to see some other suggestions.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Leftovers is what i often have for breakfast when hungry.

Plain Greek yogurt fits into my carb amount of 50 or less. I just have to plan dinner around it sometimes.

I'd love to eat keto pancakes or minute muffins and such but those things just make me want more. Ask me how I know? :/
  • melonayde
    melonayde Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chia pudding is a great option. Pretty inexpensive and super easy to make. And there are SO many different recipes out there. Plus, it's filling. Eggs only get me so far and then I NEED something different so I don't get burnt out.
  • nancypeterson01
    nancypeterson01 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I haven't made it yet as I'm still new to this keto lifestyle but I saved it since it like amazing!

Breakfast hash...I know you said options other than eggs, but take a look!

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/11/18/Keto-Breakfast-Hash
  • indigomandy
    indigomandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also like chia pudding. I also tried a cottage cheese recipe with flax. It was a warm "oatmeal" dish.
  • missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sausage, salami with cheese.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Funny I just asked this on another forum. I have been doing bacon and avocado lettuce wraps, but just found a recipe for keto granola cereal that's freaking delicious. It's higher in calories as it's all nuts and seeds, but I find it totally worth it, lol. I also tried a lemon poppyseed muffin that's low carb. Also yummy.

Google keto recipes. I found several sites with breakfast recipes and so far, I have yet to be disappointed with anything I've made.
  • LadySlimMcFancyPants
    Options
    Leftovers, sausage, bacon, cauliflower "hash" w/ cheese
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So squeeeyk...give us the granola recipe.
    Breakfast eggs by themselves leave me tired and hungry too quickly.
    Greek yogurt makes me gain weight.
    If I am in a hurry, trader joes oysters are good but 8 carbs.
    krislshoekrislshoe...just check out who comes to the keto page and see what they have for breakfast.
    btw...make sure that person is losing weight.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    62apples wrote: »
    So squeeeyk...give us the granola recipe.
    Breakfast eggs by themselves leave me tired and hungry too quickly.
    Greek yogurt makes me gain weight.
    If I am in a hurry, trader joes oysters are good but 8 carbs.
    krislshoekrislshoe...just check out who comes to the keto page and see what they have for breakfast.
    btw...make sure that person is losing weight.

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-granola-cereal-paleo-gluten-free-sugar-free/

I LOVE this recipe. It's so freaking yummy. I've looked for other cereal recipes but everyone seems to think coconut is required and I don't like coconut...So it was hard to find one without it.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Keto Coffee is good too and keeps me full until lunch.
  • snapshotstacy
    snapshotstacy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will often have a "cheese sandwich" for breakfast to go along with my coffee-
    Two Cauliflower Buns with a slice or two of havarti in the middle. Pop in the microwave for 45 seconds (or into a toaster oven for a bit, if you like it 'toastier').

https://kirbiecravings.com/2016/07/cauliflower-bread-buns.html
  • EMMketo
    EMMketo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with missravae, salami & cheese makes a great breakfast. I also add low carbs nuts, like pecans or macadamias.

I also sometimes do just a Premiere Protein shake for a quick and easy breakfast. I decided to try the bananas & cream one today and it was pretty darn good.
  • Starlight9763
    Starlight9763 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do Bulletproof Coffee unless I am fasting. I have never been much of a breakfast person.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, salmon cakes, avocado salad (the bulk is diced avocado instead of lettuce) can add cheese, meat, other stuff u put on a salad. Steak, blt wraps. If u mean something sweet like an average breakfast, make ahead: gluten free sugar free pb cookies, keto mug cakes dry mix or batter in mugs ready to go, quest bars. Keto sweets usually trigger more cravings tho =\
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/get-started/breakfast-options

Some good options here. I am rarely hungry at breakfast time, so mostly I practice intermittent fasting and have my first meal at around 1-2pm. Then it's usually leftovers from the night before.

My favourite breakfast is bacon, poached eggs and grilled haloumi. Yum! Actually that's just my favourite meal any time of the day...
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have “breakfast” i.e. my first meal anywhere from noon to about 2:00 pm. I try to save my carbs for dinner so I often just have eggs. Right now I have 3 or 4 eggs scrambled w butter and cream. Usually keeps me going til dinner between 6 or 8. If not I have a bullet proof coffee or a couple of tablespoons of almond butter to keep me going. I don’t really like eggs but really don’t know what else to have that is filling and carbless. I miss plain greek yogurt and steel cut oats (both w berries) which were my go to breakfasts before. Just can’t afford the carbs at this point as I try to keep them under 20g. Once I settle at a healthier weight I plan to up my carbs (from Keto to just low carb) and hopefully will enjoy them again. Til then I guess Im stuck with eggs and occasionally dinner leftovers ... unless someone has an amazing zero carb idea ???? :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Shron123 - Not to burst your bubble, but eggs (large) have about 0.42 carbs per egg. so 4 of them would be rounded up to 2 carbs... But those carbs generally don't add up or matter than much compared to other types of carbs... Just saying. :)
  • misssararae
    misssararae Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share their chia pudding recipe links?
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made the keto pretzel recipe I found on Pinterest. It's 5grams of carbs per serving but well worth it! So delicious, like a cheese biscuit. I just had a breakfast sandwich with one filled with cheese, ham and egg.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share their chia pudding recipe links?

I haven't made many, but here is what I have....

Coffee Chia Pudding: https://nutritionistmeetschef.com/coffee-chia-pudding/ I used a few drops of English Toffee Stevia instead of syrup and substituted heavy cream for the milk. Next time, I would use less cream, more coffee.

Really basic: https://lowcarbyum.com/simple-chia-seed-vanilla-pudding/

I often make very small servings (I call them belly shots) using plain kefir (75 ml), chia seeds (2 tbsp), a few drops of stevia and maybe a few raspberries or blueberries. I have one every day when I'm experiencing gut issues.