Do you find this group helpful?

Options
Hi all,

Just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing.

One thing I wanted to ask is, do you find this group helpful? I notice that we have some regular people who post daily activity (which is great) and others who have not posted at all. (We have 21 members in the group)

I personally find this group helpful, especially with earlier in the week when I had a blip. After reading all your comments, it really motivated me to get back on track and food has been on point for two days.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and any suggestions you might have to make the group better.

:smile:

Replies

• 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of the group and helping each other. Personally, I’m struggling with the format of the group (just how MFP has is structured). I think I’d like it more if it was on Facebook. I feel it might make it easier to share and respond to each other’s posts with encouragement and ideas. Facebook is also easier to go back and search for something if I want to find it again.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I’m enjoying it. I am in another similar group, but I enjoy this one too. A bit different vibe here. I like it.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I find the group helpful! I'm thinking more about my choices than if I wasn't in the group and I like the daily check-in. It has helped me to take one day at a time and just send an update regardless of whether things were ideal or not.

I do agree with 2nelune about the format. I think FB would make it easier to interact and comment on people's posts because MFP is just so clunky to use. It feels like the group is buried so deep within the app and it's difficult to really have a "conversation" with the way the threads are formatted.

Still, I'm thankful you started the group! :)
  • Angie_au
    Angie_au Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Agree, thankful for this group but it’s hard to find all the posts and I don’t get any notifications about any activity in the group which would be nice to have :smile:
  • TravelBear87
    TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I'm just getting around to replying.

If you feel Facebook would be better then I'm more than happy for you to start this group there. I have lots going on with Facebook, mainly with work so I wouldn't want to start another but I'd be happy to be invited to the group.

Whatever makes it easier and more fun for people :smile: just don't forget to share the link and make it a private group.
  • lowjax75
    Options
    I don't have facebook, so I was happy to see a group created here. I do have messenger, but not an actual facebook account. Haven't had one in 5 years.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I'm just getting around to replying.

If you feel Facebook would be better then I'm more than happy for you to start this group there. I have lots going on with Facebook, mainly with work so I wouldn't want to start another but I'd be happy to be invited to the group.

Whatever makes it easier and more fun for people :smile: just don't forget to share the link and make it a private group.

I'm ok with keeping it here so group members aren't excluded if they don't do FB. Thanks again for setting this up :)
  • lowjax75
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »

I'm ok with keeping it here so group members aren't excluded if they don't do FB. Thanks again for setting this up :)

You don't have to keep it for me. There are only about 5-6 of us that post regularly. I'm OK if you want to move it to Facebook. I will try to friend all of you and keep in touch that way.