Week 2 —

Start Weight: 148
    Challenge Start Weight: 133
    Challenge Goal Weight: 125
    Weigh-in #1: 133.8
    Weigh-in #2: 132
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member

A positive thought I had this week was: “I love not drinking wine” :)

This is heresy! I make room for a glass of wine almost nightly.

Haha! I’m doing dry January and surprising myself with how much I’m enjoying it! (I was a nightly wine drinker :))
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member

A positive thought I had this week was: “I love not drinking wine” :)

This is heresy! I make room for a glass of wine almost nightly.

Haha! I’m doing dry January and surprising myself with how much I’m enjoying it! (I was a nightly wine drinker :))

Me too! My resting heart rate goes down when I don’t drink! And I sleep way better.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Start Weight: 125 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 110-115 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: 123 lbs
    Weigh-in #2: 122 lbs

A positive thought I had this week was: finally I m on right track
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I eat healthy all day starting from breakfast to evening snack.. my problem is unhealthy dinner :(
    My most effective workout this week was: 20 mins elliptical and then I broke my machine :neutral:
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    LZMiner wrote: »
    My most effective workout this week was: Mentally, Yoga with Adriene! I'm doing the TRUE 30-day Challenge and I love it.

I just started her 30day videos as well! I’m a complete newbie to yoga but enjoying myself so far. I am hoping it will help my back pain, and my shoulder.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    edited January 2018
    Week 2 -

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #2: 110.8 (109.9 trending)
    Total: +0.6 (+0.3 trending)

A positive thought I had this week was:
    I’m loving the flexibility of maintenance!

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:
    Nothing especially notable this week. Actually, I ate pretty much junk over the weekend (frozen wings, pizza, fried chicken ...) and it gave me a serious bellyache. I am ACHING for a good salad, but romaine lettuce has been connected to an E. coli outbreak in my state - haven’t heard any updates, so I’m not trusting lettuce even though it’s still on the store shelves!!

My most effective workout this week was:
    Switched from doing glute bridges (on a mat) to hip thrusts (with a bench) and WOW it definitely works the glutes way harder!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Week 2 —

Start Weight:77,8
    Challenge Goal Weight:
    Weigh-in #1:76,8
    Weigh-in #2:77,0

A positive thought I had this week was: The small weight increase is because of the time of the month
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:bananas and almonds
    My most effective workout this week was: 1 hour of boxing and a small run afterwards
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Week 2

Start Weight: (77.8kg) 171.5lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: (72kg) 158.7lb
    Weigh-in #1: (79.8kg) 175.9lb
    Weigh-in #2: (77.3kg) 170.4lb

A positive thought I had this week was: I have succeeded in getting back to my eating regime.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made a spicy split-peas, spinach and sweet potato stew, which was lovely.
    My most effective workout this week was: my Pilates Morning Energiser, with some additions of my own.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Week 2 —

Start Weight: 138.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: 138.4 lbs
    Weigh-in #2: 134.8 lbs

A positive thought I had this week was: this loss wasn’t water weight (maybe some of the holiday stuff falling off)

A healthy snack I chose this week was: carrots and hummus

My most effective workout this week was: my lifting workout on Wednesday. I was able to focus and add in band work.

I was only able to lift once last week. This week I’m going to try and get to it at least twice but hopefully 3x. I want to go running twice this week as well. I am still loving Bikini Body Mommy and how it makes me feel. Oh and I’ve given myself permission to indulge in ONE “treat” a day to curb my sweet tooth obsession. I’m hoping to at least maintain this week. That’s me being humble.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Week 2

Start Weight: (77.8kg) 171.5lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: (72kg) 158.7lb
    Weigh-in #1: (79.8kg) 175.9lb
    Weigh-in #2: (77.3kg) 170.4lb

A positive thought I had this week was: I have succeeded in getting back to my eating regime.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made a spicy split-peas, spinach and sweet potato stew, which was lovely.
    My most effective workout this week was: my Pilates Morning Energiser, with some additions of my own.

Your soup does sound lovely. Could you share the recipe, please? Thanks!
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spinach-sweet-potato-lentil-dhal

Hi, this should be the link to the recipe. I used olive oil and substituted yellow split peas for the red lentils. I cooked the split peas for about 30 mins before I added them to the other ingredients as they take longer to cook than red lentils. I eat it as a stew (casserole) but you could add extra liquid and have it as a soup - either blended or chunky. Hope to enjoy it! Any problems with the link let me know and il type it out (lazy!!).
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Start Weight: 197
    Challenge Goal Weight:
    Weigh-in #1: 194.2
    Weigh-in #2: 193.2

A positive thought I had this week was: I've done this before, and I can do it again. I can't rely on anyone, no one can help me, I have to do this for myself, and I can do it.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I usually eat pretty well, so I'm happy that I've stuck through two weeks of a very clean, straight diet...no cheating! I did find a new yogurt replacement...Elli Quark! It's like yogurt, but it's cheese, and it's delicious. I still love yogurt (Greek), but it's a nice change.
    My most effective workout this week was: Spin class! I also started weight training again, so hopefully I'll start seeing some of those effects soon.

Comments: I went to one yoga class last week, which is great. I need to start planning that back into my schedule more regularly. So that's the goal for next week! Add at least one yoga class for stretching and calming the mind.
This discussion has been closed.