Again!?!

Options
sccjahab
sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
I was doing well, lost 8 Lbs. Last 2 days seem to be out of control again. Why do I mess it up when I'm doing well? Does any one else do this? any ideas how to catch it and stop it? I need to get my A1c down but I seem to be my own worse enemy.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Some people find that 5 days on low calories alternated with two days higher calories works. Suppose you could give that a try. Just be sure to get back on the low calorie band wagon after the two days!
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Kind of like having a cheat day, but still not going crazy? I think that could work
  • jam131415
    jam131415 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i have this problem. In the past when people tell me that I have lost a little weight I go off my diet and go back to bad eating habits.
  • Kellielvsfam
    Kellielvsfam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have actually left the doctors office and gone straight to the store to buy a bag of chocolate.Last time,i had lost 2 lbs,thats what i did.I had read somewhere,that we don't think we deserve to be healthier,happier.So,we set ourselves up for failure.I also think,having a slight cheat day is a good idea.So,you won't feel so deprived.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @1bearfro2 If that what works for you great. But who are you "cheating". I indulge from timd to time and have no off limits foods. Read "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes. After that book ive never had tp worry about food.
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I was doing great untill yesterday then it went down hill, I been feeling like crap for a couple of days and I had a sore head that was tiring , my kid gave me a chocolate I ate it then I had to have another (the sweet was too hard for her) then another then I bought crap I couldn't control myself. Well I try not to let it get me down (even though it does) and tell myself tomorrow will be better, so far it has been good.