Newbie.. Break us in Gently.. Breakfast

Options
Breakfast do's and don'ts

Replies

• amylynnmoats
    amylynnmoats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really need some prep ahead breakfast ideas ..... I have only been doing a protein shake ofba morning and then I feel like ibam starving by 10-11 and even eating something then I feel hungry the rest of the day .... I am up and out the door with two kids by 630a every morning .... I will be following for some good ideas
  • RechaelAndrea
    RechaelAndrea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Protein and fats first thing AM are good for me. 2 egg scramble with a big handle of spinach cooked with 1 tbsp butter. Turkey sausage patties are super good and filling fried with a spray of coconut oil spray.
  • Dymphnamc
    Dymphnamc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing two fried eggs with handfuls of chopped chorizo!
  • Agkerrick
    Agkerrick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hardboil a bunch of eggs on the weekend for breakfasts and snacks. I also make egg muffins to eat all week. I grease a muffin tin, add in my meats of choice, some spinach, cheese and seasonings. Next I crack one egg per cup. I bake this at 325 for about 20-25 mins until it’s set. Grab and go on weekdays. I eat them cold, just like hard boiled eggs. I also usually grab some bacon or sausage to go with it and maybe half an avocado.
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Steak,eggs,asparagus is my work out day breakfast (every other day) off days I intermittent fast before cardio so no breakfast.
    j0ipmlz7v9gg.jpg
  • TreeTrunx
    TreeTrunx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually scramble 2 eggs with about a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream, add in some kind of cheese, and then throw it in a low carb tortilla wrap with 2 strips bacon and a dollop of sour cream. All that fat keeps me full well into lunchtime.
  • MisssJessicaaa
    MisssJessicaaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon every morning yum
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I like to have scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and thick cut bacon, or keto pancakes (made with eggs and creamcheese). During the week I take Bulletproof coffee with me to work.
  • SteveP999Tx
    SteveP999Tx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I food prep on Sunday. I get a 12 cup muffin tin. I cook about 4 pounds of bacon for the week (me and the family).

In each "muffin" - one egg, a half stick of bacon, crumbled, and a little cheese. Sometimes I'll add other things, but that's the basic.

One thing I've been doing is saving the bacon drippings and using those as the fat I cook in. I rub a little on the muffin pan so that nothing sticks, too. My non-keto daughter loves them. My non-gluten wife does as well. I usually have 1 or 2 with a stick or 2 of bacon. Sometimes a sausage patty.

Breakfast on keto is the easy part for me. It's the rest I have to think about.
  • gentlelambslave
    gentlelambslave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cool i have two egg bites in the am i cook them up once a week that way i dont have to think about it and i can grab and go. I also have to think a lot for my other meals but that because it been a while since i have done keto.