Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Life w/ no stomach: how to gain then maintain healthy weight

Hello all. i have just started using MyFitnessPal this week to try to keep track of my daily caloric intake. I had a total gastrectomy a year ago this past August, and now am finished with all chemo and radiation treatments and ready to find my New Life of Eating! I had a feeding tube following surgery and during the year of treatment that followed, initially as my life line, then as backup once I was able to start eating foods by mouth. So, now i need to gain at least 5 to 10 pounds to get to a healthier weight. Problem is, I have to avoid high sugars, focus on protein and calories, but all in concentrated foods, as i can only eat small amounts and many of them throughout the day. I like this tool as it is the only one i've seen so far that has the option to GAIN weight! thanks! Ok, so anyone else out there trying to tackle similar obstacles in food limitations?

Replies

• MalucyDC
    MalucyDC Posts: 2 Member
    Right there with ya... (although I see your post was from 2014). My TG was in Nov 2017. Just started using this app this week (at 9 weeks post op) to monitor my nutrition and caloric intake. Hope you are well!