What are your fat bombs to get you to the right amount if fat.

Options
ToriOtsuki
ToriOtsuki Posts: 10 Member
Being new to Keto, and somewhat fat phobic, I have found myself in need of a fat bomb to raise my fat intake. The first time that happened, I force fed myself 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. And spent the rest of the evening nauseous. The next time, I mashed 70 g of fresh blackberries into 3/4 cup heavy cream that I whipped into whipped cream. Added a drop of liquid stevia. That was pretty yummy and I was at 19g net carbs though my goal is 16g. What do you suggest for fat bombs to keep yourself on track.

Tori

Replies

• 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You do not need to force feed yourself fat.
    If you aren’t hungry. Don’t eat.
    Do you have body fat to lose? Then you have extra fat.
    I’m not saying to eat low fat.
    Eat meat and cook with normal amounts of healthy fats.
    You do not need to eat added fat at all.
    That is more helpful later on when you need to stop weight low.
  • dgreene37
    dgreene37 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bacon is awesome! But what Sunny_Bunny_ said is very true. Eat when you're hungry, eat 'til you're full.

I started out trying to keep my macros at 70-75% fat calories, 20-25% protein and 5% carbs. I've had to adjust down to 65% fat, and may need to go lower, but everyone is different. Try to be consistent for a while and see what is and isn't working for you.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold pure Irish Grass fed butter.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    When I had a goal of keeping protein (and carbs) low I ate a lot of cream cheese and mascarpone. They have considerably lower protein than other cheese.

My favorite sweet fat bomb is coconut oil, slivered almonds, shredded coconut, cocoa and a little stevia. aka Almond Joy fat bomb.
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar free chocolate syrup. Mix it all up. This is basically ice cream goodness level! Very rich and smooth. 1g net carb, 43.2g fat and 5.7g protein. Very satisfying and filling, but if you have food addiction issues then this might be too close to the real thing and cause triggers.
  • jackellisonuk
    jackellisonuk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and coconut oil 50/50, melt in pan and then pour into cake cases, set in fridge, 30 mins later melt a bit 90% dark chocolate over each one and let it set again. Thank me later! This one has saved me from a fatal sweet binge a few times
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @JoannaVenuto - sounds good. I like to have a teaspoon of mascarpone after dinner for a nice treat.

I don't generally do a fat bomb but a bulletproof coffee in the morning is a good one - coffee plus 1tbs butter and 1tbs coconut oil - blend and drink. Yum.

• ToriOtsuki
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ Let me see if I understand what you are saying. If I have fat to lose, and I do have a lot of fat to lose, I don't really need to be eating a lot of fat. If my macros include 16 grams of net carbs, 79 grams of protein and 98 grams of fat, as long as I do not go over those or my calorie limits (1256 calories), I should be fine. The 7 tablespoons of heavy cream, whipped, that I ate last night to get 42 g of fat was unnecessary. (Afterwards I was still 5g shy of 98g of fat). That would also put me way below my calorie goal. Would upping my protein be a way of making up for the loss of fat and calories? I worry that my protein is too low to preserve muscles. I am at 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs as my baseline.
  • ToriOtsuki
    Options
    @jackellisonuk I don't know what a cake case is. I am thinking it is like a mould. What are the dimensions of each individual cake case
  • indigomandy
    indigomandy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat the very same ones as Jack. I use a cupcake pan with liners. Then I pop them out and put them in a container in the fridge. Although sometimes I enjoy them too much!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    ToriOtsuki wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny_ Let me see if I understand what you are saying. If I have fat to lose, and I do have a lot of fat to lose, I don't really need to be eating a lot of fat. If my macros include 16 grams of net carbs, 79 grams of protein and 98 grams of fat, as long as I do not go over those or my calorie limits (1256 calories), I should be fine. The 7 tablespoons of heavy cream, whipped, that I ate last night to get 42 g of fat was unnecessary. (Afterwards I was still 5g shy of 98g of fat). That would also put me way below my calorie goal. Would upping my protein be a way of making up for the loss of fat and calories? I worry that my protein is too low to preserve muscles. I am at 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs as my baseline.

Yes. You are understanding exactly what I was saying.
    Eating more protein is always ok. Fat comes along for the ride when you eat meat. Unless you find yourself eating mostly lean meats there’s not really any reason to add any fat and even then, it would just be a little bit you’d need.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Here it is from Steven Phinney

9m5qqmi0wloo.jpeg
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make keto coconut macaroons, really good and helps with my sweet tooth too.
  • randizeehandelaar1
    Options
    I make keto fat bombs with 8 oz mascarpone thinned, 1/4 t vanilla extract, stevia to taste. Form them into balls and roll in chopped nuts (I've used pistachio or walnuts so far). One of them mid-afternoon works well. Started on 1/8 and down 6 lbs so far.