January Exercise Challenge

Options

Replies

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 20th - Ran the Niles Frigid 5k race, and 90 minutes weight lifting/strength training.
  • PNWBethany
    PNWBethany Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Didn’t make it to my gym class last night. My bunny is poorly and we had to get her to the vets urgently. Feeling very sad this morning.

I'm so, so sorry your bunny is ill. We've made urgent trips to the vet with both our dogs and it's so scary. I hope your bunny heals. <3
  • PNWBethany
    edited January 2018
    Options
    2nelune wrote: »
    I’m struggling. Life has gotten in the way this week (and last). Between having a super busy time at work, my husband starting classes again 2 nights per week, and my 3 year old not sleeping I’m not finding time to work out on weekdays. Any suggestions?

I'm of no help but I can say that I feel very similar to you. I don't work, but my 5.5 month old's sleep is ERRATIC, she no longer can even be put down for naps so there is no break whatsoever, my husband has been sick, and I feel exhausted, frustrated, etc...

Maybe one idea is to adjust expectations and shoot for even a 5 minute or 10 minute workout? (I should take my own advice! :D )
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    Walked 60 minutes while wearing baby. 10,000+ steps
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PNWBethany wrote: »
    I’m struggling. Life has gotten in the way this week (and last). Between having a super busy time at work, my husband starting classes again 2 nights per week, and my 3 year old not sleeping I’m not finding time to work out on weekdays. Any suggestions?

I'm of no help but I can say that I feel very similar to you. I don't work, but my 5.5 month old's sleep is ERRATIC, she no longer can even be put down for naps so there is no break whatsoever, my husband has been sick, and I feel exhausted, frustrated, etc...

Maybe one idea is to adjust expectations and shoot for even a 5 minute or 10 minute workout? (I should take my own advice! :D )

Thanks @PNWBethany! I think you might be right about the expectations. I tend to go all or nothing...maybe I just need to be realistic and say that my goal for working out is 3 longer workouts a week and keeping my meals healthier.

I’m sorry that you’re having a similar problem. I remember how tough it is with a baby. While mine wakes up, I just put him back in his bed. He doesn’t really need me like a baby needs you. I hope you’re able to get some rest soon and that your husband feels better.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    30 minutes Fitness blender HIIT workout.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I managed 40 min of my pt session yesterday before i had to rush to the vet. We had to make the very difficult decision to put penny rabbit to sleep. I was lucky enough to share an hour of cuddles with her before and to be there in her last moments. Needless to say I’ve been a mess since and haven’t even thought about exercise today. I have booked myself into a sh’bam class tomorrow. I’m hoping some loud music and dancing will take my mind off it a little.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    @hannamarie0098 I’m sorry about your bunny. I can imagine how tough it is. Fingers crossed that your class tomorrow helps ease the sadness, if only for an hour.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    45 minutes cardio YouTube video (fitsugar)
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    @hannamarie0098 - So sorry about penny bunny! Glad you got to have some special cuddle time with her! Hugs!!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 21st - 60 minute walk, and a 45 minute Running 101 class at the Y.
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jan 21 - 10K running program
    Jan 22 - 1hr cardio
  • sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Be kind to yourself. Breathe. Do some yoga or gentle workout videos on YouTube.
    Have a cup of tea and write down in your diary/planner at least two days this week that you’ll exercise. Schedule it as a meeting with yourself that you can’t miss. Hugs x
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    We had to make the very difficult decision to put penny rabbit to sleep.

I'm so sorry you had to put your bunny to sleep. :'( I hope your exercise class is a good distraction. You must be so very sad. <3:( I'd be a mess.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    50 minute walk while wearing the baby. Luckily, we got a sunny break in the rain. ☀️
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    January 22nd - 60 minute Zumba class.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Jan 22nd- 55 min bodybalance class and 40 min sh’bam class
  • 2nelune
    Options
    smdade wrote: »

Be kind to yourself. Breathe. Do some yoga or gentle workout videos on YouTube.
    Have a cup of tea and write down in your diary/planner at least two days this week that you’ll exercise. Schedule it as a meeting with yourself that you can’t miss. Hugs x

Thanks @smdade! I think scheduling it is a good idea. The key for me is that I can’t miss it. I tend to do something else instead of working out.
  • 2nelune
    Options
    35 minutes cardio dance video done today.
  • PNWBethany
    Options
    3 mile walk around the lake with baby. The highlight was seeing three otters hunting and playing! 10, 700 steps.