Winter 2018 - Weigh-in #3 - Monday, January 22nd

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit...well...WE. ARE. HERE :)

Week 3 —

Start Weight:
Challenge Goal Weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:

A positive thought I had this week was:
A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:
My most effective workout this week was:

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like)

Replies

• Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Week 3 —

Start Weight: 205.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 193.8
    Weigh-in #1: 206.8
    Weigh-in #2: 205.6
    Weigh-in #3: 202.6

A positive thought I had this week was: Spending time on my health and well being is and should be a priority.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Eggs with guacamole and fresh fruit, yum!
    My most effective workout this week was: Zumba and Pilates

Comments: Manged to get cardio in most days and still found time for a little self care (read a book for fun, painted my nails, etc.) while working full time and having 2 sick kids. It was a rough week, but overall made good food choices. I would love more sleep though.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Week 2 —

Start Weight:186.4
    Challenge Goal Weight:170
    Weigh-in #1:
    Weigh-in #2:184.2
    Weigh-In #3: 184.6
    Loss: -1.8

A positive thought I had this week was: Didnt stray from my exercise plan at all!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Vanilla Protein shake
    My most effective workout this week was: Barbell Pump....took it on Friday and my hamstrings still hurt...

Comments: I bought a scale! Old Kelsey would have been very upset with the lack of weight loss and probably would have been kicking myself but I think I've grown a bit. Yes I want to lose weight but I wont punish myself for not having a perfect week. Plus I keep telling myself that I lost all muscle mass and my body needs to rebuild...hence no weight loss.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    jyoung3507 wrote: »
    Comments: So, I need some help. I have been doing everything right and am almost right back to where I started. I workout every day, I drink water, I plan every meal and stick to the plan, I log everything that goes in my mouth, and I have barely anything to show for this effort. This is when I think, "What's the point?" Why even try if it doesn't make a difference!?

This is exactly me. My weight keeps going up and down but stays in this general area and it is so frustrating! I also log every bite accurately and workout. Its hard not to feel demoralized when you are trying so hard and the results are so slow to come, if they come at all. Keep with it. You are definitely not alone!
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Start Weight: 140.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 133
    Weigh-in #1: 140.8
    Weigh-in #2: 139.8
    Weigh-in #3: 140.4

A positive thought I had this week was: " That run was fun, nice and easy"
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I've been using a lot of vinegars instead of dressings or oil with my food
    My most effective workout this week was: A youtube workout from Shelly Dose, she has some great videos if anyone else works out at home. This particular one only used body weight but all the jump squats really got me feeling it the next day.

I am a little disappointed that I couldn't stay in the 130's but I am still a tiny bit lower than my week 1 weigh-in so I'm going to try and stay positive. I will try to do better this week but my husband and I are going on a little weekend trip next weekend and I know thats when it will be hard to stick with it.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Week 3 -

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #2: 110.8 (109.9 trending)
    Weigh-in #3: 110.2 (110.0 trending)
    Total: -0.6 (+0.1 trending)

A positive thought I had this week was:
    I haven’t been consistent with calories (some days severely over, and some days severely under) but it all seems to be evening out.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:
    My usual morning protein shake. My stomach has been feeling a little iffy lately, so I’ve been eating more carbs (so many crackers!) than usual instead of protein.

Glute bridges are still kicking my butt (literally) and also nightly yoga; same answer as last week!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 196
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Weigh-in #2: 215.8
    Weigh-in #3: 215.2
    Loss: -.6

A positive thought I had this week was: I'm not beating myself up or feeling guilty for a small loss this week
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Lots of salads
    My most effective workout this week was: Cardio day with my trainer, always a serious calorie burn

Comments: Still having kind of a hard time getting back into my routine after Christmas vacation. But I was able to buy pants in the next size down so I'm feeling pretty good overall!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Start Weight: 147
    Challenge Goal Weight: 137
    Weigh-in #1: 146.1
    Weigh-in #2: 145.3
    Weigh in #3: 145.8

A positive thought I had this week was: I’m not losing a lot of weight but I have been working out a ton and took a before pic on Jan 1 and I can see a huge difference in my body- definition and muscle.
    A healthy snack/meal I ate: my eating was not as healthful this week. I will do better :)
    My most effective workout this week was: HIIT treadmill workouts combined with strength and plyo also kettlebells
  • joyhoffman9340
    joyhoffman9340 Posts: 16 Member
    Week 2 —

Start Weight:205.5
    Challenge Goal Weight: 193
    Weigh-in #1: 204.4
    Weigh-in #2:203.7
    Weigh-in #3:203.2

A positive thought I had this week : Some weeks my job pays me to exercise. Lol

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Salads we’re my go to lunch this week when I ate out.

My most effective work out this week was: Walking several miles a day around campus with a laptop bag in below freezing weather. Sounds horrible but your body burns more calories when it’s trying to stay warm.

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like)
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Week 3

Start Weight:157
    Challenge Goal Weight: 147
    Weigh-in #1: 155
    Weigh-in #2: 154.8
    Weigh-in #3: 152.8
    A positive thought I had this week was: I can have cake and fit it in my calories. I had a birthday party for all January beats on Sat.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I love Wesley farm plain yogurt with eas vanilla protein powder and chis seeds.
    Added one more day at the gym last week.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    jyoung3507 wrote: »
    Week 2

Start Weight: 215
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1: 215
    Weigh-in #2: 212.4
    Weigh-in #3: 214

A positive thought I had this week was: My cravings have (for the most part) subsided. I don't find it as challenging to stop myself from snacking all day and night.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Quinoa Mexican Bake - very filling!
    My most effective workout this week was: I got up at 5:15 EVERY SINGLE DAY last week to go to the gym. Phew!

Comments: So, I need some help. I have been doing everything right and am almost right back to where I started. I workout every day, I drink water, I plan every meal and stick to the plan, I log everything that goes in my mouth, and I have barely anything to show for this effort. This is when I think, "What's the point?" Why even try if it doesn't make a difference!?

@jyoung3507 I’m sorry that you are frustrated. Some of the things that people on MPF stress that might help you feel better:
    - Weight loss is not linear, so don’t feel too bummed. At least your scale is still moving downwards.
    - Weight loss takes time!
    - Take photos and tape measurements, especially if you’re exercising, so you have other metrics beside the scale on which to monitor progress.
    - Use a scale to weigh your food, so don’t log by volume or guess.

Big hugs. You can and will succeed. Baby steps are realistic.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    @jyoung3507 Would you share the recipe for that quinoa Mexican bake? Yum
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    WEEK 3
    Start Weight: 150ish
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
    Weigh-in #1: 149.6
    Weigh-in #2: skipped
    Weigh-in #3: 150.2

This month has been very hard for me emotionally, unrelated to my diet. I have felt like I'm 2 steps away from having a total breakdown. But I mostly held it together and last week I started to see a professional for some help. And I'm off work for the next few days so I'll be able to sleep and workout, so things are looking up.
    Also, Happy Birthday @gesundundmunter !
This discussion has been closed.