Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Start Weight: 125
    Challenge Goal Weight: 110
    Weigh-in #1: 123
    Weigh-in #2: 122
    Weigh-in #3: 122.4

A positive thought I had this week was: I will continue my journey doesn't matter even if it is too slow
    Healthy snack this week: salad having onion, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce some boiled chicken and for dressing salt pepper yogurt and mustard sauce ... It tasted so good
    My most effective workout this week was: body toning exercises ( I do same everyday)

Comments: I met some relative after long time and she asked me whether I m trying to reduce as I look thin to her... She also advised not to reduce further but with 5ft height I know I must reduce 10 more lbs
    P.s happy birthday @gesundundmunter :smiley:
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Week 3

Start Weight: 171.5
    Challenge Goal Weight: 158.7
    Weigh-in #1: 175.9
    Weigh-in #2: 170.4
    Weigh-in #3: 169.1

A positive thought I had this week was: The days are gradually getting longer - Spring is on the way.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Tandoori cod with dhal.

My most effective workout this week was: i have found a new on-line source for Pilates workouts, and the 2 I have tried so far have been challenging, as I am unfit and out of practice. To complete one, with good form, is something to aim for.

• shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 179.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169.4
    Weigh-in #1: 176.4
    Weigh-in #2: 175.4
    Weigh in #3. 175.0

A positive thought look forward don’t look back
    Even thought I lost track a few days I still lost a little. Sick all week but back this week with a vengeance!
    My most effective workout this week was: Rest for me over the weekend. Need to listen to your body
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    jyoung3507 wrote: »
    Week 2

Start Weight: 215
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1: 215
    Weigh-in #2: 212.4
    Weigh-in #3: 214

A positive thought I had this week was: My cravings have (for the most part) subsided. I don't find it as challenging to stop myself from snacking all day and night.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Quinoa Mexican Bake - very filling!
    My most effective workout this week was: I got up at 5:15 EVERY SINGLE DAY last week to go to the gym. Phew!

Comments: So, I need some help. I have been doing everything right and am almost right back to where I started. I workout every day, I drink water, I plan every meal and stick to the plan, I log everything that goes in my mouth, and I have barely anything to show for this effort. This is when I think, "What's the point?" Why even try if it doesn't make a difference!?

-Have you tried adjusting your calories down by 100? See if that gets things moving again for you.
    -Use tape measures as sometimes Ive noticed during weightloss my weight doesn't change but I've dropped inches.
    -Are you eating back exercise calories?
    -Do you weigh in every morning or once per week? If only once, you may be weighing in on your "high" day.
    Don't feel discouraged. Gather more data and adjust a little bit downwards. You may just need eat a little less for your body.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    Start weight: 187.2
    Challenge weight goal: 167
    Week 1: 182.2
    Week 2: 181
    Week 3: 181.2

Positive thought: one bad choice does not ruin all my good choices.
    Best snack do the week: Walnuts and triscuits I brought from home on the airplane instead of stale peanuts.
    Best workout: slow workout week for me as I was in Vegas and the wind was blowing like crazy, but I’m back on it this morning!

Comments: Even though I spent the weekend in Vegas and succumbed to that delicious Aunt Annie’s pretzel in the airport, I mostly made reasonable food choices and am still in control. I even had a small piece of my granddaughter’s birthday cake without feeling guilty. I did notice how quickly I felt bloated eating salty and sugary foods and how overly sweet the sweet things taste. Only up .2 pounds so I didn’t go nuts. Also, since I still felt in control, I didn’t beat myself up with a bunch of guilt over my “bad” choices and am not giving up. Thinking ahead to handling these situations is key to mental success here.
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @jyoung3507 Would you share the recipe for that quinoa Mexican bake? Yum

It was really good!

http://www.emilybites.com/2015/05/beef-enchilada-quinoa-bake.html

I added jalapeno peppers and diced tomatoes.
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    jyoung3507 wrote: »
    Week 2

Start Weight: 215
    Weigh-in #1: 215
    Weigh-in #2: 212.4
    Weigh-in #3: 214

A positive thought I had this week was: My cravings have (for the most part) subsided. I don't find it as challenging to stop myself from snacking all day and night.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Quinoa Mexican Bake - very filling!
    My most effective workout this week was: I got up at 5:15 EVERY SINGLE DAY last week to go to the gym. Phew!

Comments: So, I need some help. I have been doing everything right and am almost right back to where I started. I workout every day, I drink water, I plan every meal and stick to the plan, I log everything that goes in my mouth, and I have barely anything to show for this effort. This is when I think, "What's the point?" Why even try if it doesn't make a difference!?

@jyoung3507 I’m sorry that you are frustrated. Some of the things that people on MPF stress that might help you feel better:
    - Weight loss is not linear, so don’t feel too bummed. At least your scale is still moving downwards.
    - Weight loss takes time!
    - Take photos and tape measurements, especially if you’re exercising, so you have other metrics beside the scale on which to monitor progress.
    - Use a scale to weigh your food, so don’t log by volume or guess.

Big hugs. You can and will succeed. Baby steps are realistic.

Thank you for this! It helps keep me going. :smile:
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    WEEK 3
    Start Weight: 150ish
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
    Weigh-in #1: 149.6
    Weigh-in #2: skipped
    Weigh-in #3: 150.2

This month has been very hard for me emotionally, unrelated to my diet. I have felt like I'm 2 steps away from having a total breakdown. But I mostly held it together and last week I started to see a professional for some help. And I'm off work for the next few days so I'll be able to sleep and workout, so things are looking up.
    Also, Happy Birthday @gesundundmunter !

Thank you, Zipbsky. I hope your life will take a turn for the better.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Start Weight:200.8
    Weigh-in #1:201.8
    Weigh-in #2:199.6
    Weigh-in #3: 201.6 :(

This has been a very stressful week. I got only ONE amazing workout in, and I apparently over-did it. I wound up in bed all day Sunday and yesterday with my back that went out on me (spasm). I am mobile again today and I think I had a lot of water weight (I LOOK puffy to me). So, I will pick up and try to keep the food on point since exercise is likely out the rest of this week. Trying not to let the numbers get me down. Extremely disappointed.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Week 3 —

Start Weight: 138.4 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: 138.4 lbs
    Weigh-in #2: 134.8 lbs
    Weigh-in #3: 133.3 lbs

A positive thought I had this week was: Eating lighter makes me feel good about myself
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: taco salad
    My most effective workout this week was: Friday I had a really good lifting session. It was a little over an hour. I was too pooped to run afterwards but I surprised at my strength gains.

I am losing weight and I am SO HAPPY but I am heading towards "skinny fat" so I need to watch it. There are plenty of people on here that outweigh me by about 10-15 lbs and look much smaller than I am and are more sculpted. So I need to cut the sweets altogether, increase my cardio and lift heavier...those are my plans moving forward.
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Week 3

Start Weight: 236.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215
    Weigh-in #1: 235.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.4
    Weigh-in #2: 232.8
    A positive thought I had this week was: I am worth this!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Stir-fry. Great rice replacement that’s yummy.
    My most effective workout this week was: All-in-One.
  • lboyett73
    lboyett73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Week 3 —

Start Weight: 178.2
    Challenge Goal Weight:160
    Weigh-in #1:178.4
    Weigh-in #2:178.2
    Weigh-in #3:178.2

A positive thought I had this week was: I'm so grateful that I have a teenager who doesn't mind hanging with his mom!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: spaghetti squash crockpot meal my co-worker made for lunch today... yum!
    My most effective workout this week was: cross country skiing w/ my 15 yr old and hubbie
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Starting Weight: 181.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174
    week #1- 183.8
    week #2 - 180.2
    week #3 - 179.2

Positive thought: self care means saying no, getting enough sleep and listening to what my body needs, reading and relaxing more.

Heathy meal/snack: I've been completely cooking at home and will for the next 20 days at least. Made a tasty Italian dressing, chicken spinach burgers and veggie nori rolls. And made maple syrup cinnamon chickpeas which are a great snack.

Effective workout: finally met with my trainer last Tuesday! She worked me out. I also was glad I got my own training session in Sunday on my own and Zumba on Saturday. Glad to be moving again.

Comments: I've been missing getting dinner with my SO and seeing the meals he gets. I miss Thai, sushi, sandwiches, etc. But I also know I want to feel better and I'm doing this because I need to. And thankfully I'll be able to eat out again soon.

• kpush910
    kpush910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weight in on Monday - my normal weigh day is Wednesday. As long as I weigh in once a week . . . same time,
    Week 3
    Start weight: 187
    Challenge weight goal: 177
    Week 1: 187
    Week 2: 186
    Week 3: 185

Positive thought - I worked out a minimum of 30 minutes every day, and hard stuff too, weights, intervals, flipping BURPEES - which I HATE, and spinning. Push-ups are getting much easier. I've also cut back on wine.
    Snack - generally healthy. Nuts, hard boiled eggs, oranges versus pretzels and Trader Joes Pub cheese.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    kpush910 wrote: »
    I forgot to weight in on Monday - my normal weigh day is Wednesday. As long as I weigh in once a week . . . same time,
    Week 3
    Start weight: 187
    Challenge weight goal: 177
    Week 1: 187
    Week 2: 186
    Week 3: 185

Positive thought - I worked out a minimum of 30 minutes every day, and hard stuff too, weights, intervals, flipping BURPEES - which I HATE, and spinning. Push-ups are getting much easier. I've also cut back on wine.
    Snack - generally healthy. Nuts, hard boiled eggs, oranges versus pretzels and Trader Joes Pub cheese.

Nice losing streak. LOL! I despise burpees as well :p
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    BeautyBMe wrote: »
    Week 3

Start Weight: 236.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215
    Weigh-in #1: 235.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.4
    Weigh-in #2: 232.8
    A positive thought I had this week was: I am worth this!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Stir-fry. Great rice replacement that’s yummy.
    My most effective workout this week was: All-in-One.

YES you are worth it....GREAT thought :) . I really am trying hard to like cauliflower. I eat it with vegetable mixes (brocoli, cauliflower and carrots) because I know its good for me but I honestly don't love it.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Week 3
    Start weight: 187.2
    Challenge weight goal: 167
    Week 1: 182.2
    Week 2: 181
    Week 3: 181.2

Positive thought: one bad choice does not ruin all my good choices.
    Best snack do the week: Walnuts and triscuits I brought from home on the airplane instead of stale peanuts.
    Best workout: slow workout week for me as I was in Vegas and the wind was blowing like crazy, but I’m back on it this morning!

Comments: Even though I spent the weekend in Vegas and succumbed to that delicious Aunt Annie’s pretzel in the airport, I mostly made reasonable food choices and am still in control. I even had a small piece of my granddaughter’s birthday cake without feeling guilty. I did notice how quickly I felt bloated eating salty and sugary foods and how overly sweet the sweet things taste. Only up .2 pounds so I didn’t go nuts. Also, since I still felt in control, I didn’t beat myself up with a bunch of guilt over my “bad” choices and am not giving up. Thinking ahead to handling these situations is key to mental success here.

IF there was a Cinnabun and you skipped it then I consider that a win :#
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 3

Start Weight: 161.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149.4
    Weigh-in #1: 154.0
    Weigh-in #2: 149.5
    Weigh-in #3: 148.9

A positive thought I had this week was: doesn't matter how big or small the weekly loss is ... any weight loss is welcomed! :)

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I like to try new recipes every week and this time I made low carb bread, ricotta mixed berries muffins as well as zucchini cannelloni filled with goat cheese and spinach ... it was definitively a delicious week!

My most effective workout this week was: spinning

I used to spin all the time some years back. I miss it. You are losing and that's what matters. GREAT job!!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 3
    Start Weight: 241.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 220
    Weigh-in #1: 239.2
    Weigh-in #2: 238.6
    Weigh-in #3: 239.0

A positive thought I had this week was: A change in my class schedule turned into a challenge to take concrete steps towards a new career. Anxiety about that, too, as I feel I am not ready/skilled enough yet.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: German whole grain bread with cream cheese, tomatoes, and basil.
    My most effective workout this week was: The planks didn’t work for me and the abs exercises I substituted left me sore for days. So I relied on my body cycle biking while watching TV to relax.

Comments: Losing weight wasn’t in the forefront as work stress re-emerged, that is a conflict of dedicating time and energy to current job and to study. I turned 58 today and I hope that this new year will bring me closer to what I love to do.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I know all too well about a stressful job AND I know all too well about being in school. Do what you can for now until you are able to do all that you want to do; control whats controllable. Good luck the rest of this week <3
This discussion has been closed.