Daily Check-In

Options
Hello everyone! I don’t know about you guys, but I am SO ready to start posting at the end of each day how my nutrition has been. I have found that rating my nutrition and talking about my challenges or successes daily with people who are on the same weight loss journey is crucial for my success and drives me to make the best choices throughout each day!

Today 1/23
Nutrition: 9, I was just under my target calories for the day but I ate more carbs today than I am aiming for.
Water: 48oz, far under my goal
Exercise: I had lots of energy today and took every opportunity to get up and get physical at work, at home, with my little ones, I can feel my body wants to workout! Now I just need a plan...

Replies

• caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Awesome Amanda! Sounds like a good day.

I'll post later tonight but, regarding yesterday, Id say my nutrition was a 7 :(. I had take out breakfast for the first time in ages, but I tried to make it as healthy as possible...just egg, tomato and cheese on an English muffin and a coffe. The rest of the day was fine, a bit heavy on the carbs as well but that was because I made a DELICIOUS dinner...shredded buffalo chicken breast on a baked sweet potato with blue cheese drizzled on top. Amazing! At least sweet potatoes are healthy carbs right? :p

Oh..and even though I didn't get to the gym yesterday (I went Monday and I'm going now), I did a 20 minute kettlebell routine at home plus walked the dog a zillion times haha.
  • joiahstewart
    joiahstewart Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I love that you all are trying to lower carbs. I am trying a week of the ketogenic diet in addition to my fasting. I hope I can achieve some great results. My energy level is pretty good even with the low to no carbs. I think I can slightly attribute this to the black coffee with no cream or sugar in the morning. I tried espresso for the first time yesterday and I can tell you one thing....I was lit all day. It was to the point that I stayed awake until 1:30 a.m. My usual bedtime is around 11:00. I think I will save the espresso for the extreme workout days.

I will start attending the gym on a more frequent basis next week. I just wanted to try this new diet tool without the gym to see if it really works without the extra assistance of the gym. To my surprise it does, I have lost 18 lbs. since Jan 3, 2018. I can now add my training in to increase the wellness.
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I love that you all are trying to lower carbs. I am trying a week of the ketogenic diet in addition to my fasting. I hope I can achieve some great results. My energy level is pretty good even with the low to no carbs. I think I can slightly attribute this to the black coffee with no cream or sugar in the morning. I tried espresso for the first time yesterday and I can tell you one thing....I was lit all day. It was to the point that I stayed awake until 1:30 a.m. My usual bedtime is around 11:00. I think I will save the espresso for the extreme workout days.

I will start attending the gym on a more frequent basis next week. I just wanted to try this new diet tool without the gym to see if it really works without the extra assistance of the gym. To my surprise it does, I have lost 18 lbs. since Jan 3, 2018. I can now add my training in to increase the wellness.

18lbs just this month, WOW! So many of my friends on social media are trying the keto diet, I can’t believe that is something that really brings people success I can’t wait to hear how it goes for you. Not sure I could ever do black coffee with no cream at all LOL, you really are committed! Maybe you’ll be the inspiration I need to give this approach a try.
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Today 1/24
    Nutrition: 10
    Water: 81.8oz

I’m proud of myself for making it past the hump of the work week and sticking to my better habits. I look forward to taking my first Friday morning progress photo after a good week :smile:
  • schmilar
    schmilar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good work everyone!!!!
    My nutrition yesterday I'd say was a 8/10 - had some breaded fish that probably wasn't the healthiest.
    I haven't done the gym yet this week - juts spin class once. Need to work on that!