Workouts and sport goals

Options
Starflight00
Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
I thought a topic where we can share our fitness ambitions and progress might be interesting.

Let's talk about our routines, running schedules, goals and progress!

Replies

• shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm working on building upper body and core strength, but I haven't been terribly consistent with it. I can do eight push-ups now, though, which is awesome because a few months ago I couldn't even manage one! I keep thinking vaguely that I'll install a pull-up bar somewhere in my house and pick up some heavier kettlebells, really start pushing myself. It's so exciting to notice how much stronger I've gotten lately and I want to see more!
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    My goals broadly are to:
    1. Prevent lower back injury (which has happened to me several times in the past 5 years doing normal non-exercise/lift related things)
    2. "Recomp" - meaning change the appearance of my body to look leaner and stronger, without necessarily losing any more weight

To meet those goals I'm doing a progressive lifting program. I do a number of different exercises, most with dumbbells, some just body weight, and try to increase the weight over time. I aim for 3 days a week, but sometimes I only get twice a week.

It's very cool to see the weights I started with, and compare to now. Today I used 32.5 pound dumbbells! Granted some exercises I'm still using 10 pounds, but I know they will improve over time. In the future, I would like to do lifting with a barbell, but I don't feel comfortable with that yet. Plus, I'm still progressing with dumbbells, so why not stick with it for a while.
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    After about a year of continuous sinus infections and pretty much considering just getting through the day as a routine, I'm part of an 8-week group competition at my gym: 3 times weekly group training, and once a week personal training. (This is thanks to big-time sinus surgery to gross to describe.) I'll do the elliptical trainer 45 minutes a day on non-weight training days. My goal is to lose 10 lbs during the 8 weeks and learn kettlebells from the trainer.

Post that, I'm signing up for group Pilates and I'll continue with kettlebells and cardio. My core is fairly mushy after late in life pregnancy and a lifetime of desk sitting.

Now, my Big Life Fitness Goal: To travel the world doing "tower running" (I do the Hustle Up the Hancock yearly) and to be a competitive fitness model. I figure at the very least, I'll be the oldest in each...!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My goals right now:

In general my goals are aesthetic (recreational bodybuilding).. more glutes, more lats and delts. Right now I am finishing up my third bulk, going to do a mini cut and get an idea what I've built. Getting stronger and better at yoga are goals too.

Routine.. 5x per week lifting, glute focused program. Yoga once or twice per week. No cardio.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to keep my muscles until I'm down another 8 lbs, which will set me at a BMI of 19.4. I'm following bootyful beginnings from the Strong Curves book while steadily adding more weight to the exercises.

After that I want to do a recomposition and hope to get more defined muscles. I'd like to see myself <20% BF at some point, but if that's not possible for me exercising 45-60 minutes 4-6 times a week it's no biggie.

Other than aesthetics I'd like to just be able to lift properly heavy weights. I also really want to be able to do a slow and controlled, press to handstand some day.