Need something now Snacks

Options
Okay, We have all been there. Reaching for a snack but want to pick something that is still in our way of eating. Something quick and doesn’t require a lot of preparation. Something to grab and eat on the way home from work or school gym etc. need something now kind of snacks. What are your go to snacks in those times?

Replies

• Jakiepaper
    Jakiepaper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Jerky?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni sticks, cheese, a small bag of nuts or seeds, veggies and dip, a small container of plain yogurt, protein shake, bullet proof coffee.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Oh snap pickles, string cheese, water and gum, think thin bars.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    italian meats, cheese, nuts, olives, pickles, quest bar, protein shake (low carb)...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Pickled eggs!! Yum also same as above cheese & pepperoni & macadamias or walnuts or pecans.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Individual packets of nut butter (you can carry them in your car or purse), individually wrapped high % cacao dark chocolate, baked cheese crisps (think chips/crackers).
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Avocado with some vegannaise and sea salt. Nuts. Boiled eggs. Cucumbers and cheese. Piece of smoked salmon. Piece of fat head bread.
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yeah I need to plan a little better and keep snacks with me. Sometimes I go for hours at work or at the gym and then I come home and I just want something before settling down to make something in the kitchen for dinner so I little bit of something helps hold me over.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    DarianJP wrote: »
    Well that’s awesome for the people who dont have the urge to snack but for me, I snack. Trail mix, babybel cheese, mixed nuts, carrots and hummus, sometimes a Granny Smith apple or orange, pork rinds!, freeze dried strawberries, freeze dried edamame beans, quest bars, oh yeah one bars, wasabi almonds, tuna pack, blueberries, any kind of nut butter!

Keep an eye on the Oh Yeah One bars as they have revamped the ingredients and have reduced the sugar alcohols so they are no longer as low in carbs (for those who subtract sugar alcohols).
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    cheese. nuts. parm crisps. protein powder mixed with mostly water and a few tablespoons of heavy cream. avocados. deli meat or salami.
    I hate pork rinds.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds or salami and cheese are my go to snacks. Hubby likes pork rinds (yuck). We tried the quest bars at someone else's suggestion but we're not fans...so yeah.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Elliots Pecans for me - gosh they are GOOD!!!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    For quick meals I keep Epic protein bars on hand, avocados, hard boiled eggs, raw almonds, pickles, olives sometimes. I can get tired of olives. I'm limiting my dairy at present in a personal experiment but I have kept cheese and Fage 2% unflavored yogurt on hand in the past. I LOVE highly salted Fage 2% plain yogurt. Seriously. It's uuuhhhhhmaaaazing.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds and sour cream/hummus, pepperoni stick, veggies and dip/hummus, cheese slices, deli meat.