What's in your Shack?

Options
M0TZO
M0TZO Posts: 55 Member
I'm temp off air, waiting for part to use my Buddipole antenna on my balcony.

The setup is FT-897D (US version import), G4ZLP data interface, MD100 mic, and the Buddipole antenna.

Also I have the Icom IC-756 ProIII with matching accessories, but that's up for sale.

So, what you running??

Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    We have about an acre of property, so we refurbished some tower sections and put up 60 feet of tower. On that we have an older Hy-Gain tribander and a 10-element beam for 144 Mhz. And off of it hangs a G5RV.

In the shack we have mostly older gear and QRP. Recently been using the old Heathkit HW-8 quite a bit. For 144 Mhz it's an old Yaesu FT-726R. The TenTec Century-21 gets used often, and a Kenwood TS-820 too. I have my sights set on an Elecraft K2 someday.

I am mostly a CW operator. We have a 2m - FM radio for the local repeaters, doesn't get used very much.

Melinda's ham husband W0EP
  • pfsod
    pfsod Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all. I run 2 meter Kenwood TM-281 xcvr and an Alinco DX70 for HF. Has 6 meter capability I've never used.. Run Kenwood TM-D710A for mobile VHF UHF APRS functionality. Permanent home in Chandler AZ temporary summer home in hometown of Sibley IA.
    73 Paul N0KDI
  • willem494
    willem494 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nice topic. I have a Icom IC-706, a Windom-Antenna and a small antenna tuner. I started with ham radio because I fell in love with cw (no joke... its wonderful and cryptic and amazing) and so I didn't use the standard microphone of my Icom ever. I have a Junker handkey and a paddle.

I must admit that I didn't use my shack very often since I'm licensed (somewhat more than a year) because of problems in my family, but sometimes when I want to relax I put on the headphones of the radio and tune over the bands and listen to a ragchew :-)
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul,

Great to find you here. My shack consists of the Yaesu FT-950 which I use for SSB phone only and I have my FT-897D setup for the digital modes. For mobile HF ops, I have the FT857, but I don't leave it in the truck. So most times it is sitting on the shack desk and is used for V/UHF ops.

I also have the FT-817 which I really should sell since I have replaced it with the KX3 for SOTA and portable HF ops. When operating SOTA or portable, I use a variety of buddipole setup options. Check out my SOTA blog for info specific to that part of the hobby. http://kd0bik.com/sota/

My QTH is in an HOA controlled neighborhood. But I still have antennas. I use the Hustler 6BTV vertical and a 20m ham stick dipole. The 20m hamstick is my workhorse antenna and I've worked ~70 DX entities running 100 watts or less.

Finally, I also host an amateur radio podcast geared to beginners called the practical amateur radio podcast. Please visit the podcast website located at http://myamateurradio.com/

Jerry
  • N5PRE
    N5PRE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, All,

I have an IC-7300 currently matched to a Heil PR-77 mic that I bought directly from Bob Heil himself at Dayton in 2017. I've got about 100' of coax leading to a pine tree in the back yard where my G5RV antenna resides. I recently put my equipment into a U-6 Rack to make it a go-kit. I have everything in the kit except a battery. Waiting until I can better afford to add that. Meanwhile I can grab it and go at a moments notice and the nice thing is that it has wheels and a handle to carry it like rolling luggage.

73 de N5PRE,
    Kevin

P.S. You can sometimes hear me on the Amateur Radio Newsline podcast. I manage the website here: http://arnewsline.org