Keto Pizza - perfected!

Options
Smoked33
Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
Okay, my first contribution to the recipe theme....disclaimer I'm no chef but now that my wife has joined me in eating low carb and we haven't set an end-date this time....I need to get creative so she doesn't get board. After a month or so of trying skillets and other cheese crust variations I've landed on one I love and so does she!

Here's what you do:

Take one wrap (https://www.amazon.ca/Tortilla-Factory-Large-Wheat-Tortillas/dp/B002QM98DA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517495509&sr=8-3&keywords=low+carb) and layer on 1/4 cup shredded mozerella cheese and fold.

Bake at 400 for 5 mins until ends of wrap start to brown and curl. --this is your crust.

Take out and add 2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce, another 1/2 cup of cheese, pepperoni and then sprinkle on some garblic and herb spice and parseley and bake until the cheese melts to your satisfaction!

Voila! Pizza you can hold with one hand that tastes great. That one wrap makes 3 nice sized slices and amounts to just under 500 calories and under 10 net carbs. For my wife i've also added bacon crumble and sliced peppers and obviously you can go nuts with whatever you want, chicken, beef, veg...

703l2noij6m2.jpg

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    That's a cool idea. A Stuffed Crust Pizza. <3
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Oooooh...like the pizza hut triple decker that was so delish, thin crust, cheese, thin crust, toppings...I'm totally going to try that!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Looks good...wish it was gluten free!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    you can find corn tortilla wraps that are gluten free...the texture is slightly more grainy than wheat, but still tasty...they also do make gluten-free wraps, but the ones I've had all taste like cardboard...
  • butter_body
    butter_body Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mmm... pizzadilla
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made a ground turkey pizza crust last week that was so delicious!! Well done on finding something that tastes good and makes your wife happy!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I usually make my pizza crust with canned chicken...but it takes while, a wrap would be much faster on quick hit days...
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try a ground chicken pizza tonight! It sure looks good and the only carbs is the little bit from the cheese!