Cauliflower pizza crust is not Shendler Pie

Options
GoRun2
GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
Some of you may remember the Shendler Pie episode from years back on WW. I'll let someone else tell that story if they like.

However, after Cindy talk about eating zoodles, I thought I should try the MFP cauliflower crust pizza. Pizza is my favorite food in the world. We have vegetarian pizza and reduce the cheese but I still have challenges eating it in moderation. I thought I would give the cauliflower crust pizza a try. It was pretty good, but not as good as real pizza crust. I think if they called it something like cauliflower cheese bites it would be better. You wouldn't be expecting it to taste like pizza crust.

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LOL!! For those who weren't on the WW GOAD board, a little background. We were forever seeing people make what we sometimes called "Frankenfoods". Sooooo Steve (SHENDLER) posted (as a joke) a recipe for a pizza that would take you to the "Italian countryside". The Weight Watchers people took the post put it into one of the front pages of the website. We all got a great laugh out of it because they thought he was serious. Here's what they used in the article:

"Personal Pizza
    I love taking a high fiber wrap, using SF tomato sauce and some FF Weight Watchers cheese.
    Put it under the broiler for a minute or two, and it's like being transported to the Italian
    countryside. That and a Bud Select, and I'm in pizza heaven.—SHENDLER"
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I just can't see myself making a cauliflower pizza crust. I don't like cauliflower in any way, shape, or form.

I did, however, find an ultra-thin pizza crust (Golden Home Bakery Products -- 160 calories w/5g of protein) which I've used to make pizza at home. A couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce (Food Lion brand -- 1/4 cup, 30 calories), baby spinach, mushrooms, onions, grape tomatoes, turkey pepperoni (Hormel -- 17 slices, 70 calories), low-fat mozzarella (Food lion brand -- 1/2 cup, 140 calories). The whole pizza comes to 400 calories and definitely fulfills my pizza craving. In fact, I usually only eat 1/2 of it and am very satisfied. I also usually only use 8 slices of pepperoni which cuts the calories by 35.

As an aside, I found years ago that I prefer turkey pepperoni over regular pepperoni. It gets very crispy when it's baked on a pizza (or just in the oven as a snack :) )
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the re-post Cindy. Always good for a laugh.
  • GoRun2
    Options
    Cindy, thanks for the pizza tip
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the cauliflower Cindy. Can't stand the smell of cooked cauliflower.
  • GoRun2
    Options
    I love cauliflower
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower. Cauliflower crust is just ok in my book.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Great moments in GoaD history!
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 6,011 Member
    Options
    While I am sure it tastes ok, calling it pizza is a sacrrlige to anyone from the NY area! You need to go to confession and do some our fathers and hail marys!!!!
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the shout out.

Believe it or not, the original webpage carrying this story did not get wiped out in the great WW-Community massacre. For more:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=3&art_id=169441&sc=4350