Changes at 35

Options
mrslynah
mrslynah Posts: 39 Member
Hi. I started my period early (10 years old) and have a history of stage IV endometriosis with three surgeries. A couple of years ago, I had a pregnancy loss and very quickly after had a rapid onset of hyperthyroidism which was discovered to be an autoimmune disease called Graves Disease. With Graves, metabolism of all cells is sped up- muscles break down, heart overworks, and as a result, aging can be accelerated. It also depletes a lot of hormones. So here I am- 35- hot flashes, night sweats, blood sugar instability, headaches, dizzy spells, sore breasts, and zero sex drive. My face feels like it’s on fire, my eyes burn and dry out. The 17th day of my cycle, I get a fever of 99-100. My dr believes all my sex hormones are depleted. He has just started me on Pregnenolone. I have a family history of breast cancer in addition to my other issues. I’m scared of hormones, but something has to give. I’m here to draw on any wisdom you all may have. Some of my friends are still having babies... I feel lost.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Oh, boy. You have it hard!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Goodness! That's a lot to handle, I'm sure. So sorry for the problems you've been having. I hope the hormones help your symptoms, but don't cause too many other issues for you. My only suggestion would be to search for some natural remedies that might help. Good luck to you!
  • mrslynah
    mrslynah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! The Pregnenolone seems to be helping. Fingers crossed!