February 2018 challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
This is the thread where you set your goal and report back for support and encouragement. You decide what the challenge is for YOU.

Replies

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's going to interesting this Spring because we are planning a return to my hometown in upstate NY and will be in a little village of about 4 thousand people and many of them I grew up with and have not seen for MANY years (I left there in 1984!) Needless to say, I want to go home looking as good as possible so I am thrilled that I am now on the countdown to my 50 lbs gone since last September! I lost just under 7 in January on a diet called OMAD ( which stands for One Meal A Day, a form of intermittent fasting where you eat in an "eating window" and I normally open my window about 2-3 pm with a salad or fruit salad with yogurt, cook and eat dinner and close it at 6 pm). This month I am not only on the countdown to 50 lbs. I am also on the countdown to ONEDERLAND, so I am really excited and I am going to add 2-3 low carb days to my plan and see how that goes.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    DreamOn145, glad you are joining in. Moving to NY from Fl. is huge. IFing is powerful stuff. Sure has helped me.
    All the best on your eating challenge.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    OK, two goals for February:
    (1) Walk every day
    (2) Meet my carb goal every day.

It's a short month - so I have a better chance of reaching my goals, don't I? ;)

I have some other plans, such as: (a) Do a complete fast one day this month; and (b) Have an IF day at least one day a week. My window is 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

@DreamOn145 I didn't realize you were a native New Yorker, even better! You can go home again! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Feb. goal is:
    I will do one meal a day for a week. Continue to IF at least 4 days a week for the other weeks.

I also plan on learning how to make cauliflower rice properly and coconut flatbread so I can have Indian food again, I have been missing that, I have got lots of Mexican food incorporated in my new way of eating, but haven't tackled modifications for Indian yet. Thank goodness, French is pretty keto if you skip the bread and pastries. For Italian I just sub zoodles and carry on.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. It is going to be warm enough for a long walk today, I plan to take advantage of that.

• charrisonwms
    charrisonwms Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My Goal: Reach ONEDERLAND! Exercise 4 times a week. Drink plenty of water. Eat clean! Enjoy life!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    My Goal: Reach ONEDERLAND! Exercise 4 times a week. Drink plenty of water. Eat clean! Enjoy life!

Great goal. How far are you from reaching it? Best of luck with it.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Snow heading my way, so no outdoor activities this weekend. I have been doing IFing daily I got a 44 hr. fast in last week, just after Feb began.

We took a load of junk to the landfill today along with a couple of trips to the thrift shop donation center. The temps dropped rapidly and DH and I both had had enough, so we have one last trip we will need to make the donation center early next week. I think I lost about 2 tons today. I am loving our simplified lifestyle, but it has been a lot of work. Still need the cellular shades installed that is supposedly happening on Wed. Then we are finished with the whole project. I can hardly wait.

I did get myself a large head of cauliflower today, so tomorrow I try doing my own faux rice. If I fail I can always make cauliflower soup with it, so win-win.

I did a stir fry last night using coconut oil instead of my usual sesame oil, boy was that good. I also did a leek broth with coconut oil instead of EVOO, I loved the taste and mouth feel soooo much, will do that one again.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    <3<3<3 Hope you all have a Happy Valentine Day. <3<3<3
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Belated Happy Valentines to all! Actually, my husband and I have decided that this year, we are celebrating the 12 days of Valentines --- and recognizing something wonderful about our relationship each day. We are also sharing things we would like to release or change. If there can be 12 days of Xmas, why not Valentines? <3
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Wow, I love that idea. It's a special day to us, my husband first told me he loved me on Valentine Day. He loves doing special things for me on that day. In return I let him eat stuff he shouldn't being eating LOL.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I met my goals this month. Come join me on the new March thread.