Late Nights

Options
KBurkhardt08
KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm going to be starting a part time job soon on top of my full time job and one thing I am concerned about is dinner. I cook every night but with this job there will be a 2-3 days where I cant cook. Not sure what to do about dinner. And this may sound crazy but my boyfriend is the worst in the kitchen so I'm trying to think of ways to feed us both so neither of us are eating fast food crap. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Meal prep earlier in the week, salad, smoothie, frozen dinner, sandwich
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Make up a big pot of soup when you have time and keep it for those nights. Or leftovers, or sandwiches. Or filled fresh pasta cooks really quickly and doesn't need sauce (just a little spray of olive oil and maybe a sprinkle of parmesan). There are some 'upmarket' instant noodle type things that I sometimes have for lunch, you could throw on some pre-cooked protein to make them into dinner, and if you poured one over some pak choi or spinach it would wilt it enough to eat.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Cook rice, beans and potatoes for the week. You don't have to babysit it too much. Even throw in some veggies with the potatoes like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, carrots, etc., and roast! Sometimes I make burger patties (or turkey or whatever ground meat) and eat those during the week. Simple salt and pepper. Salad mix with dressing is easy, even toss the roasted veggies on top for added nutrition. Get an avocado and toss that on for healthy fats.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be late! My advice and suggestion is to bake a lot of your meals. If, as suggested by others, you have veggies prepped ahead, you can toss them in a baking pan with a bit of oil, salt, pepper and spices and cook with no effort other than stirring occasionally. Chicken pieces, salmon, sausages, etc. can all be baked at the same time. During baking, you can do so many other things (shower, tidy, relax!). Good luck. Practice will make perfect.
  • KBurkhardt08
    Options
    I think I've got it figured out! Hoping to start the new job this week now that the background check has gone through. Ill keep you all updated on how it goes! Thank you :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think I've got it figured out! Hoping to start the new job this week now that the background check has gone through. Ill keep you all updated on how it goes! Thank you :smile:

How was your week with new job added on??
  • KBurkhardt08
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »

How was your week with new job added on??

I havent actually started yet! Haha. They're putting me on the schedule this week though so will update! I think it should be okay though. I did plan some meals that are larger for leftovers :smile:
This discussion has been closed.