Winter 2018 - Weigh-in #5 - Monday, February 5th

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
Welcome to the month of February! Show yourself much love this month.....as well as others <3

Week 5—

Start Weight:
Challenge Goal Weight:
Weigh-in #1:
Weigh-in #2:
Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:

A positive thought I had this week was:
A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:
My most effective workout this week was:

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like)

Replies

• for_my_tomorrow
    for_my_tomorrow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 146.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128 (possibly to ambitious but will give it a go)
    Weigh-in #1: 143.26
    Weigh-in #2: vacation
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 141.7
    Weigh-in #5: 140.8

A positive thought I had this week was: I am only 12.8lbs away from my absolute ultimate goal. I am down 52 lbs from starting my journey.

Beetroot falafel with Greek yoghurt

My most effective workout this week was: helping my friend move house

Comments: My Friend did shake and bars diet for 4 weeks and lost over 20lbs...Needless to say that took me months and months of working out and checking food packets/saying no to unhealthy food choices to achieve that sort of weight loss. Guess I am feeling disheartened and a bit blah really....
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 146.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128 (possibly to ambitious but will give it a go)
    Weigh-in #1: 143.26
    Weigh-in #2: vacation
    Weigh-in #3: vacation
    Weigh-in #4: 141.7
    Weigh-in #5: 140.8

A positive thought I had this week was: I am only 12.8lbs away from my absolute ultimate goal. I am down 52 lbs from starting my journey.

Beetroot falafel with Greek yoghurt

My most effective workout this week was: helping my friend move house

Comments: My Friend did shake and bars diet for 4 weeks and lost over 20lbs...Needless to say that took me months and months of working out and checking food packets/saying no to unhealthy food choices to achieve that sort of weight loss. Guess I am feeling disheartened and a bit blah really....

Don’t compare your weight loss to your friend’s loss. Think about your strategy and what you’ve learned. Someone one our group also mentioned last week: ...slow and steady wins the race. You are winning your race in a safe and sustainable way that will last you lifetime.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)
    Weigh-in #2: 110.8 (109.9 trending)
    Weigh-in #3: 110.2 (110.0 trending)
    Weigh-in #4: 110.0 (110.2 trending)
    Weigh-in #5: 111.0 (110.3 trending)
    Total: +1.0 (+0.1 trending)

Weight spiked this morning but overall my average weight is staying fairly consistent, and still well within my goal range.

Not sure how much I’m going to accomplish this week in terms of exercise - I’m just beyond exhausted and have no energy or motivation for anything.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Week 5 —

Start Weight: 156.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140
    Weigh-in #1: 149.3 lbs
    Weigh-in #2: 149.0 lbs
    Weigh-in #3: 145.5 lbs
    Weigh-in #4: 145.7 lbs
    Weigh-in #5: 145.6 lbs
    -10.9 lbs

Haven't been seeing much change over the last couple weeks weight-wise, however I also keep measurements and noticed a decrease of an inch so at least that's good.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Week 5—

Start Weight: 187.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 167
    Weigh-in #1: 182.2
    Weigh-in #2: 181
    Weigh-in #3: 181.2
    Weigh-in #4: 177.8
    Weigh-in #5: 177.4

A positive thought I had this week was: My birthday cake was a treat - as it should be
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: cinnamon apple tea - it’s my choice for when I crave sweets but has no calories
    My most effective workout this week was: Not a fantastic workout week, but I’m moving furniture today for the carpet cleaners

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like)[/quote]
    I have pretty much eliminated processed food. We haven’t filled the sugar bowl for 3 weeks and our butter consumption is way down. Planning my spring garden and really looking forward to homegrown salads. Almost halfway through this session! I still have a long way to go but I’m hoping SE will guide us through a Spring session as well. Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Week 5
    Start Weight: 241.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 220
    Weigh-in #1: 239.2
    Weigh-in #2: 238.6
    Weigh-in #3: 239.0
    Weigh-in #4: 239.0
    Weigh-in #5: 238.8

A positive thought I had this week was: Movement to music is still my best bet for exercise. I feel light on my feet and reconnecting with myself.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I built a salad with lots of volume and few calories. I am definitely a volume and crunch eater.
    My most effective workout this week was: 2x dance workout to my favorite ballet music.

Comments: Disappointed at only a slight change despite being more conscious, working out, etc. With all the weight I put on last semester, I am weary at starting school back today. Online classes and a weekend job make for isolation and food has been my comforter for most of my life.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 196
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Weigh-in #2: 215.8
    Weigh-in #3: 215.2
    Weigh-in #4: 214.0
    Weigh-in #5: 212.6
    Loss: -1.4

A positive thought I had this week was: I finally feel back in the swing of things after struggling with motivation the past few weeks
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: still eating lots of salads, not sick of them yet
    My most effective workout this week was: I started C25K this weekend
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Challenge start weight 130.2
    Challenge goal weight 124
    Jan 8 #1 127.8
    Jan 15 #2 130.0
    Jan 22 #3 130.2
    Jan 29 #4 133.0
    Feb 5 #5 128.4

A positive thought I had this week was: I am feeling so much better about myself now that I am logging and, therefore, more mindful of what I eat. All because of this group, so THANK YOU.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made some oatmeal "breakfast cookies" but I enjoy them as a carby-treat after my lunches at work. They are large, so I usually eat one half. My 20 yr old son and husband loved them, too. Bonus: It is a very flexible recipe so I was able to use left over bits and clean out my fridge (half a banana, some ancient apple sauce, etc.).

My most effective workout this week was: HIIT series on the elliptical. Shorter than I normally do, but I could feel "the rush" all day!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 147
    Challenge Goal Weight: 137
    Weigh-in #1: 146.1
    Weigh-in #2: 145.3
    Weigh in #3: 145.8
    Weigh in #4: 143.6
    Weigh in #5: 143.9

A positive thought I had this week was: I’m still in the 143 range despite not being able to work out.

A healthy snack/meal I ate: I ate fairly healthy this week and didn’t overeat

My most effective workout this week: argh I have an infection in the sutures from a mole removal on my leg. I can’t do anything and it’s driving me nuts!!!!!!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Week 5 —

Start Weight: 132.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 126
    Weigh-in #1:132.2
    Weigh-in #2: 129.6
    Weigh-in #3 130.6
    Weigh-in #4 129.2
    Weigh-in #5 127.4 Woot woot! Down 5.2!

A positive thought I had this week was: How truly fortunate I am. Healthy, roof over my head, food on my table.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: THAI food! Friday night is traditionally pizza night at our house and for the last two Fridays, we've ordered in Thai. So good! This week I had red curry thai pasta (rice noodles) with chicken. Slurp!

My most effective workout this week was: Doubled up on yoga a few times, doing some longer flows and lots of planks.

Comments: Spouse and I did DRY JANUARY and resumed drinking this past Friday. I look and feel much better when I don't have 4 glasses of wine a night! ;-)
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Week 5
    Start Weight: 152lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140-144
    Weigh-in #1: 149
    Weigh-in #2: 146
    Weigh-in #3: 147 / 66.8kg
    Weigh-in #4: 145 / 65.9kg
    Weigh-in #5: 143 / 65.2kg
    Total loss: 8lb

Positive thought: I'm pleased because that takes me to the point of having lost a stone (and a lb) of the weight I put on during treatment last year! Another 8lb or so and I will be back to my pre-treatment weight.

Healthy choice: I tried a smoothie for breakfast made with skyr yogurt (high protein Icelandic yogurt, a bit like Greek) to increase my breakfast protein consumption like people on the forums suggest. It felt very healthy at the time but I was starving an hour later. I am definitely a carbs-for-breakfast girl!

Workout: Mega busy at work last week then came down with a stinking cold on Friday, so no workouts at all. The cold is still here, I can't speak without croaking and I don't see any workouts happening any time soon.
  • Travelswithabaya
    Travelswithabaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Week 5—

Start Weight:80.4KG
    Challenge Goal Weight:75KG
    Weigh-in #1:80KG - Riyadh scales
    Weigh-in #2:79.7KG - UK
    Weigh-in #3:Pass
    Weigh-in #4:Pass
    Weigh-in #5:79KG

A positive thought I had this week was: Back on it after being ill/having a minor procedure
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: ten cashews
    My most effective workout this week was: gentle swimming

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like). Have been out of it and barely coping with work/ study due to pain - had a minor procedure and now recovering. Now back to getting fit again.
  • shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Start Weight: 179.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169.4
    Weigh-in #1: 176.4
    Weigh-in #2: 175.4
    Weigh in #3. 175.0
    Weigh in #4. 175.8
    Weigh in #5. 174.4
    Positive thought the scale is slow to move but in the right direction. Half way to my challenge goal weight
    Instead of going to candy basket at work had a hot cocoa and saved sugar calories and satisfied chocolate craving.
    Best workout Saturday. Lots of squats using weight pole. Second time I cannot do stairs next day so soar,,
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 205.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 193.8
    Weigh-in #1: 206.8
    Weigh-in #2: 205.6
    Weigh-in #3: 202.6
    Weigh-in #4: 201.6
    Weigh-in #5: 201.2

I'm just glad my weight is consistently trending downwards!
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Week 5—

Start Weight: +/- 150
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
    Weigh-in #1: 149.6
    Weigh-in #2: Skip
    Weigh-in #3: 150.2
    Weigh-in #4: 152.2
    Weigh-in #5: 150.4

I usually pick a fitnessblender whole body workout and do it 3x week for about 2 weeks, then pick another. For whatever reason I feel like I got a really good workout today, even though I have done the routine at least once before. Pretty sure I'm going to wake up sore.
  • BeautyBMe
    BeautyBMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Week 5

Start Weight: 236.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215
    Weigh-in #1: 235.4
    Weigh-in #2: 234.4
    Weigh-in #3: 232.8
    Weigh-in #4: 231.4
    Weigh-in #4: 230.8
    A positive thought I had this week was: Slow but steady!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Having at least 1 piece o fruit daily last week help decrease my late afternoon candy cravings.
    My most effective workout this week was: Fitbit weekend warrior challenges upped my weekend step game.
This discussion has been closed.