What is the one thing you miss most with gluten?

Options
Shawna0427
Shawna0427 Posts: 52 Member
For me I'd have to say burgers. Not homemade either...I can use a GF by here. I'm talking about going out and ordering a nice juicy burger! I'm not even a huge burger person but not being able to order one sucks!

Replies

• 4shawnaj
    4shawnaj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TGIF has a great burger. I miss sweets the most. Thank goodness for Whole Foods & the discovery of Kinnikinnick glazed donuts. I can eat the all 6 donuts in minutes. Now if I could gain some weight it would be even better.
  • rebelriesling_
    rebelriesling_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I miss regular pasta and big macs if I'm being perfectly honest lol
  • mutantperch
    mutantperch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Red Robin has really good burgers and gf buns and a dedicated fryer on the topic of burgers...

What I miss most... I miss the convenience of fast food and that kind of thing... but I know it's healthier not to have that stuff.
  • tcookie14
    tcookie14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I miss just being able to go into any place and not having to worry, Does it have Wheat? does it have Gluten, How was this soup really thicken? Our family goes to Tim Horton's all the time, and I'm just getting Tea again. I really miss Croissant's....
  • mem0403
    mem0403 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Beer. Gluten free beer just isn't the same. Ditto to going out and not worrying. Pastries. Although I'm glad I can't eat them, it helps with the weight loss.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    The price of a loaf of "bread". 8$ here for a loaf of udis.

I miss pizza.
  • lesliewahlquist
    lesliewahlquist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to eat at potlucks, and going to friends' houses for dinner without having to ask ahead of time what they're planning to fix.
  • Cindyp22
    Cindyp22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I miss being spontaneous and eating out anywhere.
  • despinagalianos
    despinagalianos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a celiac and the only carbohydrates or starches that I do well with are Potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash and fruit and I'm also allergic to dairy. the I miss pizza so much it was my favorite food and lets face it the daiya vegan cheese is disgusting it tastes like plastic.
  • shannonc1115
    shannonc1115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No gluten or soy allowed for me ... I miss going out to eat and not having to worry or have a long conversation with the waitress who most of the times seems annoyed. I usually just get a salad (no gluten stuff) with vin/oil.
  • countrygirlinar
    countrygirlinar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I miss going to places and being able to order anything off the menu. I miss being able to eat whatever at work parties. It makes it really difficult because people who don't have to deal with it don't fully understand...even after 3 years. I always hear, "Can't you just take the bread off?" or "Can't we scrape the cake off of the ice cream cake?" Um NO! I miss not getting sick because someone used my peanut butter! (My mom used my pb and now I'm sick to my stomach with horrible pain!)