Double tracking (WW SP and MFP calories)

Options
I just started double tracking this week. I am tracking WW freestyle points and counting calories with MFP. I am worried I'm eating too many zero point foods now that chicken, eggs, and yogurt are zero. I like how with MFP I can see the nutrional make up of the food. I am hoping to use both to increase my success in losing 100 pounds. Is anyone else doing this?

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    How is that going? I keep trying to start and then bailing by the end of the day.
  • Garfield30082
    Garfield30082 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This was the first week double tracking. Official weigh-in is this morning at WW. My scale shows 1.5 loss. Double tracking was time consuming. I liked seeing that food wasn't "free" everything has calories
  • bev_kingston
    bev_kingston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting here and joined WW a couple of weeks ago. I want to track both places to make sure I am getting the proper nutrition and not just points. I want to keep my points balanced. I will see how this goes.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while but it is way too time consuming. I just plug into MFP and then will mentally add up the points and yesterday I took in 30 pts worth but my calorie count was around 1250. If I saw I was 7 pts over I would be devastated. Ive been a WW lifetime member since 1991 and I think as the years have gone by they definitely got people focused on healthier food choices but making them zero is a mistake IMO.
  • pennyless7502
    pennyless7502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I haven’t been on weight watchers very long but I am double tracking too. I think it will help me - if I go over my points, most of the time I am still within mfp range so I think it keeps me from being discouraged. I weigh in both places weekly. It has been 2 weeks and I have already lost 8.6 lbs. I am logging every bite of food and I am determined to reach my goal! I have over a hundred to lose but am just focusing on 5 lbs at a time.
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been doing WW for a week and I'm double tracking also. I've always been curious as to what my smartpoints are in calories...

Is this group still active? :)
  • jane3439
    jane3439 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group after being on Sparkpeople for a long time. I was in WW for a while but quit when I really wasn't doing the program and it seemed silly to continue to pay for it.