Bread

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
If a slice of low calorie bread fits into my daily macronutrient goals, is it ok to eat it or do you never under any circumstances eat bread?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread because I'm celiac and all the low carb options are not gluten free. However if it fits in your carbs and you are still getting the results you want then why not?
  • sbtripp
    sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you anglyn1. My grandson is celiac as well and it is very difficult for him as he is only 11. Birthday parties, snacks after sports, etc. tend to be hard, but he has learned to manage by taking his own. Eating at restaurants is also a problem since most are not equipped with separate preparation areas. I imagine as an adult you learn to manage better, but it has to be difficult. Thanks for your answer.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    This WOE is a lifestyle for me so, I will make choices that are not low carb when theres a good reason to. But thats the key for me: "good reason". Just cause I want it isn't reason enough. Is it special? Is it a "once in a life time food" that is being offered by a host smewhere ive travelled?

There is no hard and fast low carb law. Even whem people claim there is. Except for increased salt. ;) so, to answer your question, its ok if it is ok for you.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've had a couple bites of bread here and there during the last year. I met a client at an Italian restaurant last April or May and had a couple bites of a warm yeast roll that smelled better than it tasted. The spaghetti was great though. :o And I hosted an OKTOBERFEST last fall and ate one of my 2 bite mini Reubens. Tasty.

I was just listening to a Lane Norton video and he made the point that one should lose weight with the plan they intend on keeping long term (his opinion of course). I never set out to never eat bread (or a homemade cookie) ever again. I just don't eat them often.

I upped my carbs to 75 on Feb 1 and have already dropped them back to 50. It's simple that way. I generally keep carbs around 50 with fat and protein around 100. It's what I've become accustomed to. No thinking involved.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I don't eat bread because I'm celiac and all the low carb options are not gluten free. However if it fits in your carbs and you are still getting the results you want then why not?

@anglyn1 ...link for you:

http://www.holdthecarbs.com/low-carb-fresh-baked/gluten-free-low-carb-white-bread?limit=999
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Wow, @ladipoet! $12 USD plus international shipping - too bad it's more expensive than gold hahaha. I think in my case I'll just buy regular GF bread (for $5 CAD) and toast a piece once in a while, and d@mn the carb count. Looks pretty awesome though.