February 8 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Strength
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank.? ✅

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Happy Saints Day @GrandmaJackie, Bonne Fête! It's Sainte Jacqueline today! Have a great day!
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feb 7th and 8th - both pass days.
    7th I ended up working late the. Meeting an old friend for a few drinks - nothing crazy but went over calories a little.
    8th - traveling for 6 hours and eating on the go left me over calories and no time for a run ... to make up for it, I am traveling g for a running event. On the 10th I’ll be doing a 24km section of a relay race ... that should make up for the 2 pass days!
  • JaqK23_
    JaqK23_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So my knee is acting up today and I had to get a taxi from the station instead of the 20-25 minute walk. I don't want to use a pass day on my bad knee or I'll miss half the month - any suggestions for getting 20 minutes of exercise given I will be sat at a desk all day and will be a dinner guest tonight so won't have time for much. Maybe something I can do at my desk (not sure I can count my knee physio exercises).

All suggestions welcome!
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    JaqK23_ wrote: »
    So my knee is acting up today and I had to get a taxi from the station instead of the 20-25 minute walk. I don't want to use a pass day on my bad knee or I'll miss half the month - any suggestions for getting 20 minutes of exercise given I will be sat at a desk all day and will be a dinner guest tonight so won't have time for much. Maybe something I can do at my desk (not sure I can count my knee physio exercises).

All suggestions welcome!

My 95 year-old Mum does armchair gymnastics. Google it, there's bound to be something on YouTube ...
  • JaqK23_
    Options
    I'll check it out - do I require an armchair?
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    My Mum and her mates just sit on those plastic general purpose chairs, swing their arms above their heads, left, right, backwards, dip down to touch their toes ... You can probably work out a routine yourself. Just don't fall off the chair .,. Post a video!
  • Chinkiri
    Options
    If knee is bad for a longer period, there are lots of upper body exercices with dumbbells but I doubt you have some in your handbag ...
  • JaqK23_
    Options
    I travel most days for work with two laptops plus my overnight clothes and stuff, my bag is often the weight of a dumbbell!!! I try stay in a hotel with a pool when I can and do some physio and light swimming when I can, it's something I can do even when it's bad.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    February 8, 2018

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, lots workout today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Made it pass 1 wk this month!..... "drop by drop the bucket gets full" Yeah!!! more than 1/4 drop in this February bucket.

@RangerRickL. That is so true, there is so much on this road than yesterday's road.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

More of my amazing wife's ice-cream tonight :) . Peppermint choc chip. To me it's as good (if not better) than Häagen-Dazs.

@craigo3154 Care to share that ice cream recipe? My husband's favorite ice cream flavor is peppermint stick. His 2nd choice would be mint chocolate chip...so I have no doubt he would love a homemade version!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 1.25 miles on the treadmill and 6 miles on the bike
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    I'm going to count today as a pass day even though I did a good whack of exercise moving more of yesterday's snow around, and logged, and was theoretically within calories. I think I was over and had beer for the first time in quite a while. It feels over and I am not sure of the amount.

It's beautiful February in Quebec though! Loving the snow and cold lit up by brilliant sun.