I have hypothyroid and still reduced over 16pounds during Jan!

Options
Hypothyroid does not have to be a reason not to reduce weight...
Just adjust your nutrition plan.

I now follow the protocol by Dr Jason Fung as in his Obesity Code book.

It's a lifesaver after 2 years of rapid weight gain and platau...It felt impossible to reduce weight..nothing helped, nothing worked.

But I am now 20kg down and my body is starting to respond better

Friends, please support me during February...

I still have a marathon go to reach my goal weight and only almost halfway mark...It may still take 4 months to reach my goal weight.

Where there is a will there is a way...You can do it too!
-Week 1: 94.5 kg
-Week 2: 91.8 kg
-Week 3: 88.6 kg
-Week 4: 88.2 kg
-Week 5: 86.9 kg
January reduced =7.60kg (16.75pounds)

This was not achieved with hard work or sweat at all...I was mostly just making sure I eat right and doing moderate calisthenic exercises like yoga and pilates.

I cheated several times over weekends and it did stall week 3 & 4 and it slowed me down noticeably...true

My shape is toning up nicely...

I may consider posting progress photos after next week but you will have to convince me...

Replies

• buttrfli322
    buttrfli322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is this keto?
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    With keto alone my metabolism slowed significantly because I lost way too much muscle over time... This caused me to regain weight when I was supposed to just maintain with maintenance calories....
    Now I am combining intermittent fasting with moderate keto...and my metabolism is slowly recovering out of its brokenness. Im not losing muscle, actually gaining some back some muscle. Im following protocol by Dr Jason Fung from his book Obesity code.
  • 17adf33
    17adf33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do you take T4 or T3? Finally had T3 tested in Oct last year and in spite of slightly below range TSH and upper range T4 had a bottom of range T3 result. I take Levothyroxine, so T4. TSH is now higher, within but bottom of range, but T3 wasn't tested.Can't be referred to an endocrinologist, who could prescribe Liothyroxine, as October result was within range by 0.2.
    Only know T3 because I asked for a print out of blood test test results. Shocked to find * by some I hadn't been told about. First saw doctor in Feb of last year with symptoms of anemia, hence tests; all of which, apart from cholesterol ( high for years, have refused statins), I was told were normal. Doctor is now very focused on my weight (BMI was just under 30) which would not be causing symptoms.Still have fatigue.
    Because of a separate problem, occasional bursitus in hip, I've been trying to lose weight since Dec 27th. 1200 - 1400 cals seems to be my maintenance level ie don't lose or gain or feel too hungry. So have had 5 days a week up to 1200 and 2 days up to 500. Have lost 6 pounds so far but very slow. Frustrating as when younger I would have been losing at least 2 pounds a week!
  • 17adf33
    17adf33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have gone for higher protein, lower carbohydrate as less hungry. Lots of fruit and veg. Low fat cheese, more eggs than usual about 6 a week. Eggs first thing seem to work as an appetite suppressant other protein eg kipper less so but still good. So fattier protein first thing; lean protein later eg skinless chicken breast, beef, white fish. One/ two portions of complex carbs a day depending on activity.
    I supplement with Vit D, and a multi vitamin.
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @17adf33 Im on chronic prescribed meds - euthyrox for T4. The negative effects of untreated hypothyroid over long term is very bad for health and cause disability. What is interesting is since I have been working in closed office environment from dusk till dawn for years I'm not getting any sunlight on my skin..the Dr tested my vit D levels and it was in 20s instead of higher 80s. Im highly deficient in vit D and my MD Dr says it is a contributing reason I stay feeling tired, cranky and my weight wont respond well to diet and exercise alone(unless I incorporate intermittent fasting- the only thing that works for me) since I am already reponding well to my thyroid meds..so now I am prescribed vitamin D to see how I respond..

Eggs is my staple food and butter (not margerine) between my husband and I we consume 120 + eggs per month..at least 2-3per day for every breakfast.